Ease of Use:

Drying Capacity:

Chennai India
Go only for new house, Not advisible for Old house
Mar 03, 2013 11:52 PM 41403 Views
(Updated Apr 01, 2013 09:42 PM)

Ease of Use:

Range of Colors:

Drying Capacity:

My work with asian paints home solution has just got completed and I am only 50% satisfied with APHS.

My house is 16 years old and maintained well.  and so we planned to renovate the house and planned to go with APHS.  Our house is a 2 floor home(ground and 1st floor). And we wer to paint the whole ground floor(excluding Kitchen), Full exteriors, Doors and windows of 1st floor, Compound walls and new Gates.

The Following is the Actual process we had -

• We planned to start work on 20 feb and so we called Asian Paints on 11 Feb itself for booking and we got booked.!   We requested them to start work on 20th. And they said it will.

• They said a Sales Associate(SA) will visit ASAP to give us the estimation for Painting. And as Said an SA from APHS visited our house on 14th feb evening. He looked around our house, ran to terrace for getting a blink about the total Sq.ft. area and also also just blindly visited each and every room paintable and gave us an estimation. The Main reason for giving estimation was to know that weather can we afford or Not.  And we gave a Green Light GO.

• The Promised things for SA wer- The Job will be completed in 20 days, thats from 20th Feb to March 11 and job will be hassle free.

• The SA also said an Color Consultant  will come on 16th feb with a Camera and Laptop and Take Photos of our house and will show us models of painted house in his laptop and give us some ideas.

And As SA told, he came, but without camera. He had laptop but did show us anything(did not even take Laptop out).   He just showed us the color Book and gave us some ideas. We wer little bit satisfied with his Interior Ideas. But Exterior idea he gave was like trash can. - Then Asian paints called the same evening and told us a Applicator(App) will come on 17th Feb(next day) and take Measurements of our house and give us the exact price.   But he did't come.

• The App called the next day and said he will take measurements on 20th., thats the day when the work is gonna start.

• Paint process was like this:

1) Exterior wall: Water wash -> Scratch out old paint -> Primer -> 2 coat paint

2) Doors, grills and windows:  Primer -> 2 coat paint

3) Interior wall: Scratch -> Primer -> 2 time Patti -> Sanding -> Primer again -> 2 coat roller paint.

• 20th morning 9am, some 4 painters and the applicator appeared for start of work.  Since we had some interior works, they started with Exterior.

• Exterior work started on 20th and They said they will coming to interior on 4th march.  The SA transferred all his responsibilities to a person named RA.

• On 22nd a guy from color consultant came with a Digital camera and took photographs of our house exterior.   He said the 4 different color models of our home developed by Color tone will be reached within 2 days. But we received those photos only on 27th march.  The Models wer NOT SATISFIED AT ALL. So we had only less than 4 hours to decide the colors our selfs so that they can paint the 1st coat.! - It was 3th march and they completed upto 1 coat for exteriors and only primers to all windows.

• 4th march, they walked in, We had to move all item all by our own and they only moved a little.  they only had to pack some of the item. They also packed switch boxes. - They said they would have divide our home into 2 and give them for painting portion by portion. So first part, we occupied a bedroom and a bathroom and gave them main hall, another bedroom, bathroom, dinning and store room. They promised to finish within 4 days or 5 days max.

• found a big mistake done by these painters while patti 2nd coat at bedroom on 7th and called all three SA, RA and Applicator and Shouted at them. The argument was for atleast 3hours.

• 8th the Friday came and they only completed upto sanding process for all room with bathroom standing only at primer.   They almost completed the the first portion on 11th march 11am(including working on sunday).   Still pending with first part wer - Royal play for Hall wall, 2nd coat of dining 2 walls, 2nd coat for doors, grills and windows and Hall entry main door which is supposed to be varnished still untouched.!

11th was the end date.!  and still 40% work left.

• They entered 2nd part on 11th and finished upto 1st coat paint on 14th.  The Unfinished job wer

Many 2 coats, Exterior wall 2nd coat, compound wall 2 coats, Windows 2nd coats, Gates, terrace and wall Tiles untouched.

• They completed with interior and exterior(excluding touch up & cleaning) on 17th march.

• Then I was me & SA inspected the home and found many mistakes. Then I again shouted at them and applicator ordered the head painter to complete all incomplete work within 3 days supervised by me. - On 20th march, The Whole APHS painting job completed.

-  On 30th a lady from APHS Chennai branch called up my mom for feedback and my mom gave just 5 out of 10.

• On April 1, I got my first courier from APHS. Ha ha ha.  After a lots of complaints thou. Hmm.

The BAD and GOOD with APHS -

1) the Most worst part is, "The color Consultant". They dont give us the idea from wat we expect, they follow their own ideas. They r dead slow and give lots of excuses.

3) they dont inform us about any disturbances and happenings.

4) They only do the work prescribed to them.  Every single one, even painting a centimeter costs to them.  they dont show us sample coloring costing 150 rupees!

5) the Feedback Section is very irritating. They ask for feedback just a day after the work commenced.    I had to fight with them to make them understand and make them call after the work is over completely.

6) they dont help in lifting and moving of our house hold items. We Personally did.!

7) THERE IS NOT SUPERVISED WORK DONE AT SITE as it was told.

8) Before start of work they said they will finish the 20 days work in a day advanced, that is in 19 days!   But Tooks 30 whole days to complete the job that too WITHOUT SATISFACTION.

10) They promised that They will cover all the not paintable areas. Which of course includes the Floor. But they didt put sheet to cover the floor and made my floor ugly.!

After painting process, it took for 2 guys atleast 4 days for them to clean the floor!  Fools!

11) I dont think the Painters are Professional and trained.  They r all just 22 yrs old and below.

12) The Painters only listen to Their Supervisors thats the Applicator and RA.  But these 2 guys hardly visit the site. So the Painters make mistakes. And even thou we find those mistake and tell them, they never listen to us.

The Good I noticed are -

1) Some Painters are Regular and are of good Character.

2) Applicator thou was not regular, he gives some good ideas related to coloring.  He is good than the useless color consultants.

3) Process is Systematic From Booking to Painting to billing(Except color Consultant).

4) Painter work in over time.  Well is little hassle to us, but we have to bare.

So Overall Till now, in my 20 days of promised finished painting, they finished the whole process in 30 days.  And I am not Satisfied with APHS.

FULL OF TENSION for 30 days.   Ur BP will rise.

WE HAD SUPERVISE not the APHS.

COSTLY PAINTING.

To all I would advice is - you might GO with Asian Paints Home Solutions if u want to paint to ur newly constructed home.

DONT GO with APHS if ur repainting ur home at renovation.

I would not Recommend Asian paints at all.

Simply - "ASIAN PAINTS HOME SOLUTION - A HASSLE-FULL & TENSION JOB"  COSTLY Too.

Asian Paints Home Solution