Scribd.com Reviews

PERFECT WEBSITE FOR PROJECTS
Dec 30, 2018 10:57 PM Read (via Android App)

WHEN I HAS GOT THE PROJECT FROM THE SCHOOL AND I WAS UNABLE TO FIN THE MATERIAL, I TRIED THIS WEBSITE IT CONTAINS COMPLETE INFORMATION THAT A STUDENT NEEDS TO KNOW. IT CONTAINS ALL THE PRACTICALS AND THE PROJECT WORK THAT AN INDIAN STUDENT REQUIRES. FOR ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO LIVE TO READ BOOKS MUST TRY IT OUT AS IT IS BETTER THAN KINDLE.

Scribd
Oct 02, 2018 05:19 PM Read (via Android App)

Monthly subscription is good. Huge collection of books are available free on scribd. I have read so many books as of now. Very good application for the readers and lovers of book. So many related articles and blogs are also available in audio amd ebook format. I personally recommend Scribd for any book reader.

Scribd.com !!!
Nov 15, 2017 11:32 AM Read

I want to tell you some thing about this website: That the problem faced by me:

1) The website is taking too much time to load near about the 5 sec in 8 MBPS internet which is too much high.

2) I search for one SRS onthe scribd.com Then I found that SRS I want to download that SRS and I need to pay some amount for that and I paid those amount then also the download of that SRS were no happen.

3) The search engine of the website were not good because what I search were not get proper output.

4) The UI of the website is also not good because it not look attractive at all and some times the proper error message were also not come.

Regards

vvichhi

Scribd.com
Scamful Site, Stay away from it
Nov 13, 2017 04:29 PM Read

I am posting this review to alert everyone not to use this Scribd anymore. Two months back I downloaded a book from Scribd for my brother. It was working fine and I didn't face any issues. Last week I just cancelled my membership, but it is showing like I am still active. I have sent them a mail requesting them to delete my account. Also I have raised the issue stating them clearly to deactivate my account. But I didn't get any response from them. The customer service is too bad in responding people. The downloaded book is now corrupted and it is not even letting me to delete or open. My laptop was full of virus and it is almost corrupted. I decided not to use this service anymore.

It is 100% spam site. Please never ever signed up for this service.

Scribd: for online readers
Feb 12, 2017 10:09 PM Read

I wanted to read some books online in order to teach my students sharing depth knowledge.

Anyhow, here I wanted to share my one experience with scribd.com

I found it was giving 1 month free trial to read millions of books. Therefore I tried to enroll as free reader but after registering I was on the page where I had to pay$8.99 for a month.

That was fine that I paid the amount but then after I read some books, I was not able to download the books and even some pages were not shown for as a paid member. I completed one month, then after the$8.99 was deducted automatically. Then I stopped it doing process in the next month.

On this site, One can not download books, one can read online. Yes, some documents could be downloaded.

I do not recommend the site to those who wants free access. I recommend it whom want to pay handsome amount every month and who are loving reading.

This Site Fleeces Its Subscribers!
Mar 26, 2016 11:39 PM Read

My mom is an avid reader and loves authors such as Mary Higgins Clark and Sidney Sheldon. She also loves books on subjects such as the paranormal and criminology. She also loves mystery novels.

She joined Scribd.com, as a paid subscriber in February, last year and thanks to Scribd, not only did she discover new book titles from her favourite authors, but also discovered authors and book titles that she had not heard of, before.

Scribd.com started to go downhill from June, last year, when the payment system started to deliberately find fault with the validity of the debit card, used to make a monthly payment, to renew the membership. A representative from Scribd.com informed us that it will be more'convenient', if we availed of the yearly membership, since we will be saved from the hassle of updating our debit card details each month. My mom being the book lover she is, gave in and availed of a one year membership!

We then experienced the sad fact that Scribd.com, is partial to its subscriber base in the U.S. You see, if a potential subscriber from India, logs in to Scribd.com and searches for a specific title by a well-known author, there are good chances that the potential subscriber will be lured into joining Scribd.com, under the illusion that the book title in question is accessible for a  'reasonable' monthly fee, only to be duped after subscribing to Scribd.com, by being greeted with messages such as'This title is not available in your country'. According to my mom, around 25% of the books that she carefully and painstakingly saved in her Scribd.com library, are not available, just because she happens to be a subscriber from India! This unacceptable restriction began around September, last year.

To add insult to injury, we received an email from Scribd.com on the 17th of February, 2016 informing us of'updates' to my mom's membership on Scribd.com. These changes turned out to be adverse, as my mom now has access to only three books and one audio book per month, that are listed under what are known as Scribd's'best sellers' and'award winners', thereby severely curtailing my mom's right as a member of Scribd to choose from and enjoy a variety of book titles by her favourite authors, each month! Yes, most of my mom's favourite authors have been listed as'best sellers' and she has unfortunately, lost access to more than 60% of the titles in her library at Scribd.com, this month, with the enforcement of these adverse terms and conditions and to top it all, Scribd.com did not even have the decency to reduce the subscription charges!

All in all, Scribd.com used to be a book lover's paradise during the good old days, but is now, unfortunately, seeking to take maximum advantage of its subscribers! Such a shame!

My mom has had enough and has decided not to renew her yearly subscription with Scribd  (which, thankfully, ends in July!).

Amazing app for booklovers
May 02, 2015 03:12 PM Read

This app is the best, I can say because it features us with the facility of reading books offline by saving them on our mobile phones or tablets .It enables us to read the book in the form of a PDF.Even the books whose pdfs are not easily available at other sites are found like a cakewalk in this site.

We just have to browse the name of the book which we want  to read and then store them on the device.I like the books of "THE DIARY OF A WIMPY KID" very much and was finding its pdf  in another sites but I did not get them anywhere, then my friend recommended me about Scribd and I was very thankful to her.It is the best app for bookworms and it also saves a huge amount of money which we use in the buying of hardcopy of our favourite books.

Recommended Top Articles