Booking.com Reviews

Fake reviews & Incorrect Hotel photos-Booking.com
16 days ago Read

Hotel show incorrect details on booking.com. I booked one hotel on booking.com. Incorrect photos. Fake reviews.

Contacted customer care. They have no idea what's happening and couldn't fix my issues

Worst experience ever with booking.com
26 days ago Read

We had extremely poor and bad experience in booking the hotel via booking.com.

We booked 2 rooms in FabHotel Prestige Princess hotel via booking.com, while checking-in, the manager and the staff were super rude, ill-mannered, impolite and pathetic.

On check-in, the manager didn't let us checkin to the hotel saying that they are not willing to give us our rooms to the price which we got from booking.com. They also said(translating the line to English: Whatever you want to do, we are not gonna let you checkin to this hotel. If you want to stay, stay with the price which we are offering.)

I had booked via booking.com and I also got the confirmation of my booking.com, ideally being a customer I should not worry once my booking is done, but hotel manager said to us to call booking.com and sort this matter ourself.

On the other hand, when we called booking.com's customer care, they were also not willing to sort this matter with the hotel and said we need to pay the price which hotel is offering(not the one which we booked before our arrival).

I had my old parents with me and we travelled all the way around 7 hours to stay in this hotel and we had also booked the rooms many weeks ahead of our arrival, but this experience with the hotel and booking.com left us disappointed and we ended up staying in other hotel.

I wish I could give 0 star or negative rating to this hotel, manager, the staff and the booking.com.

Wrong info about no cancellation charges
Nov 24, 2020 10:16 AM Read

I had booked a room thru Booking.com, at MVT Vrindavan.

The Booking.com website specified this booking as no advance booking charged property and if any amount is charged by vendor it will be refunded in a weeks time.

The property still used my card details and without permission charged me 2000 as booking amount. I thought as I have to pay later also, its OK.

But due to COVID travel restrictions, I couldnt travel and hence had to cancel the booking. I cancelled well in advance.

But the advance booking amount is still not returned.

Despite contacting Booking.com several times, I still haven't received my amount.

This is height of forgery. Advertising a property as free cancellation and then charging your card without permission and later refusing to refund the advance charges.

DO NOT BOOK - LEFT A PREGNANT WOMAN WITH NO MONEY
Sep 27, 2018 02:42 AM Read

DO NOT BOOK! DISGUSTED!

I am writing in regards to a booking I made on your website for 26th September for 2 nights in Leicester.

I cannot iterate how frustrated and disappointed I have been with your disgusting service!

Firstly, I booked the Luxury Bedroom hotel for 2 nights and received confirmation that my booking was successful, I trusted your company and booked based on trust and made payment straight away.

I then finished worked and drove to the property for my check-in, where I was told that they have no available rooms and I will have to cancel. I cancelled the transaction which went through however the money did not reach my account and I had no further funds to make another booking at a different hotel for that night, taking in account that I now also had to look for alternative account last minute when I had work the next day at 5 am in the morning.

I rang you to tell you that I need the money as soon as possible as I need to make another booking and I was told by Erika that there is nothing she can do about my payment and can only cancel the booking and then look for alternative accommodations for me although I told her numerous times that I do not have the funds to make another booking.

Having spent near 45mins on the phone already with no help from Erika who insisted there was nothing further she could do, I asked to speak to a manager. The manager came on to the phone and advised me that whatever funds I do have they can look to arrange another accommodation for me and they will ask the hotel to invoice them the difference. I was told I will receive a call within 15-20mins, unsurprisingly I received no call thereafter.

I then had to phone again after already spending over an hour on the phone then waiting another 45minutes and I spoke to someone called Sabrina R in the customer service department who tried contacting Erika who had apparently gone offline so in other words not planning to call me back but logged off the system. Sabrina then called hotels and provided me with hotel details for a hotel which looks almost like a dump and a hotel which I had seen on the website and would never in a million years ever book. I was provided with there details and asked to pay £30 when I get to the hotel. I was not at all happy about this as the hotel was absolutely disgusting! They said there was nothing further they could do, taking in account I was on the phone for over an hour and already spent more than 2 hours on the phone to booking.com and also taking in account that I wanted to check in to a hotel almost 5 hours ago and have worked the next day at 5 am and being 6months pregnant where I am extremely tired and the disaster that was caused by you today is just unexplainable.

Moreover, I then contacted my bank and explained the situation, they asked me to get an authorization code for yourself and they would refund the money into my account straight away. I then requested of you an authorization code and I was told that you cannot provide this to me until 24 hours! The bank then advised that if the booking.com can confirm with them that the money will be refunded into my account then they will refund the money into my transaction straight away. However, Sabrina refused to confirm this to my bank. I then asked to speak to a manager, I spoke to Cory N as booking.com were unable to provide me with the property I had booked, unable to refund my money straight away, unable to give me an alternative accommodation and even unable to confirm with my bank to refund the money so I could get my money back!

I am nearly 6 months pregnant, I was extremely tired, had work in the morning, my whole evening was ruined because of booking.com, I had nowhere to stay.

Being a customer who books hotels every week, I have never ever in my whole experience came across a disgusting service as this! I cannot exaggerate how disappointed I have been with your service and will definitely share my experience with friends, family, and reviews on the internet!

False misleading ads with hidden terms to fleece
May 07, 2017 08:57 PM Read

After searching for good hotels at Indore on Booking .com, on 25th Jan 2017 I shortlisted and booked Lemon tree hotel, Indore for my 3 night hotel stay from Fe 18 to 21 Feb 2017 and was quoted for Rs 11908.33 with breakfast for a business class twin sharing room. The bold advertisement in red never showed anywhere that once booked cannot be canceled. The agency, however, insisted me to share credit card number with name exp date(no CVV) for accepting booking which I did. In the meanwhile, within a gap of 11 minutes after an independent search I got a better deal in another hotel at Indore for the same standard of rooms and hotel and booked my reservation and I canceled the booking of Lemon tree hotel simultaneously.

The confirmation of booking mail from Booking .com and Lemon tree hotel and subsequent mail and telecon with the hotel it was made clear that full booking amount with taxes will have to be paid for cancellation even with a gap of one minute after booking without any recourse to retain my booking against cancellation.

On 26th January 2017 I received SMS from my banker that an amount of debit for Rs 15456.92 which included all taxes service charge etc(for not occcupying the hotel or for no show) from Lemon tree hotel against cancellation. Fearing further fraudulent actions by Booking .com/ Lemon Tree hotel in association with Lemon tree hotel I blocked my card The Hotel and Booking .com used my card number without any recourse or authorisation from me took access to access to my CVV and 3 D pin based on VISA card number raised bogus charge slip through HDFC bank to prove their fraudulent action to convince my bankers that the payment has been authorised by me.

The above action of the Booking .com and Lemon tree hotel is akin to blade companies and fraudsters to send emails on winning prizemoney etc and encash credit card amounts from banks. Surprisingly the hotel is recovering taxes and service charge for a room that was not being used or occupied by me or other prospective customers on cancellation. This is a very serious unethical practice needs to be widely published through newspapers to create awareness

Incidentally, my bank Kotak Mahindra Bank, HDFC bank are private sector banks who hardly follow banking practices and only look to maximize their income through dealing with corporates and fleece the gullible banking customers.

Booking .com do not have a toll-free number and is an Amsterdam, Netherland-based agency with some franchise for contact through mail services to manage their affairs. All international web agencies follow this practice of collecting credit card numbers and raise direct debit to your account. I am in the process of filing legal case and FIR to redress my grievance.

So friends never ever share your credit card details except for direct payment transactions after due process of a 3D pin, CVV or OTP for verification and think twice before you deal with booking .com and their misleading advertisements.

Umesha Sorkala Prabhu

Booking never happened
Jan 05, 2020 10:02 PM Read (via Mobile)

Recently I booked for residency hotel in Chennai through this site as it was offering good rates. I filled up all the neccessary entries and submitted the form online. Got a message stating that booking is confirmed on the site. I did not receive any confirmation mail on my account. So I thought of confirming by calling a few hours before check in at the hotel. To my dismay I was told that no booking on my name had been done at the hotel. Thankfully as the rooms were still available I could book room at rates close to the one proposed by booking.com. Just imagine my plight of not finding any booking at any hotel on New Year's eve due to this shoddy service by booking.com. From this experience I have learnt never to trust this site or for that matter any online site as I could have landed in trouble & would have had to run from hotel to hotel. The checkout offered at the website is 12 non whereas if you book on the hotel's site you get a 24 hrs checkout.

Will never use booking.com again as the site cannot be trusted.

Worst experience with booking.com
Jan 24, 2019 07:59 AM Read (via Mobile)

Never go for boiking.com .You can be in a great trouble.Their customer desk is very inefficient.They do not have any answer for your queries.They want only reservation no.Recently i got attracted at low rate of bookin.com basic rates.I attempted for booking, I filled up the payment information money got deducted , but no booking confirmation.Customer service has no clue.Never will try for booking.com

Booking.com Good Experience
Jan 11, 2019 04:43 PM Read (via Android App)

During December 2018 my kids got a 10 days Christmas holidays so me and my family we planned to visit Bahrain for holidays. Do I choose to book hotel through Booking.com.

Its Good I got all details very clearly about the hotel and hidden charges also clearly defined. More importantly no advance payment complete payment through cash on arrival to hotel.

I spend good times in ORANGE SUITS its a far far good hotel than I thought. It's a suits of 2 bhk with hall with kitchen. Both bedroom with wife glass window, hotel total 35 floors.

My arrival time and schedule matches with hotel timing. Infact I extended one more day with same discounted price.

You can checkout my booking details and pictures.

Good luck guys.

The worst site Ever
Nov 09, 2018 07:50 PM Read (via Mobile)

Booking. Com is the worst site I could have come across. I made a reservation for hampi and the site says the reservation is secured, when I call the property to enquire where it is located I realize my reservation is declined. So I go again on the site check for availability and make the payment, now again am informed that my reservation is not secured. It's been a month I have a new person to correspond with on every email. Inspire of sharing my bank statement the payment confirmation reciet I am told my refund won't happen cos my statement does not show the guest houses name and I don't have the payment link details. If you make the mistake of choosing this site be sure to save every email and SMS as this site has no credibility and does not care if you have lost your money to nothing.

Bad booking.com
Oct 02, 2018 11:05 PM Read (via Android App)

Today I am going to share my experiens with booking.com.

I am Feel bad you guyz waste my time and my day You dont know I am frustrated from the booking.com Please shut down this type of website, I have beem with you disgusting service!

when I booked a single room home a conformation massage comes up that show my booking is sucessfullly done when I am reach the hotel they told me your payment is not sucessfully done. you guyz shame me front of many people that's why I hate you service and I also hate booking.com.

I am not satiesfied costmer.

Can't book room's
Jul 06, 2018 10:41 PM Read

When I am travelling to thiruvananthapuram I had seen a home stay in this booking.com I had booked it and called the owner and he replayed that the room was booked, I don't know what the man is saying because I had booked the rooms a few minutes before and he said that it was booked.

And ones again I had get an room in thiruvananthapuram but the website had given me the same expirance again and again after I had called him and said I had booked it but he never give up his mind he had said that it is already booked.

so please don't waste your time by looking booking.com better prefer oyo.OYO is the best.

Hotels at reasonable rates with bad service
Mar 01, 2018 06:34 PM Read (via Android App)

Guys this is a portal that helps u book a room in advance without paying anything. You will get rooms at reasonable rates.

The best thing is you can do early check in without paying any extra charges. So if you are travelling alone and you are bit adjustable in nature and looking for rooms at lesser rates then booking.com is for you. But if you are couple and want a enjoyable stay then please be informed that they do not provide any service. So you are in ur own after booking the room.

Recently I used this app to book a room in hyderabad and the room that was provided to me was very untidy and unacceptable. Just because I had no one whom I can address this issue, I managed somehow and since then I am not using this platform further for booking rooms.

Pondicherry (Un)Service Apartment
Feb 12, 2018 06:33 PM Read

Booked Pondicherry Service Apartment through Booking .com for 3 days from 29 January 2018. . Paid advance to the Host, vide bank transfer. Reached Pondicherry and was guided to their run down property over phone. The address is 92 B1 Vikas Garden Pondicherry 1. The address mentioned by Booking.com is 57, Pappammal Kovil Road and the apartment name is not mentioned. Booking.com's confirmation no: 1963578578

Upon reaching I was told to fetch the flat key, which was kept hidden on the window still. No host to receive us. The flat was miserable by any standards, to the extend we had to buy bed sheets for our use as their's was filthy. Our adult family of 5 had planned some cooking hence we had chosen a Service Apartment. but we decided against any cooking as kitchen too was unhygienic . There were heaps of old used soaps and Toothbrushes in the Toilet.

Within 30 minutes of our reaching the property, an unknown lady came and asked us for the balance amount in Cash. We refused and remitted it through Bank transfer. Host never visited us and did not even answer our calls. Since we had paid for it, we had to suffer our stay at that property.

The payment included Service charge and GST charges. After reaching home town, we contacted host for Bill and was told( what's up) that they do not have a GST no. Complained to Booking.com and I have received a vague reply that the host is supposed to give Bill - which I know I will never receive.

Planning to approach Consumer Court against the Host as I realized that Booking.com has no traceable address in India and the only contact of the host is his Bank A/C no. and mobile phone no. Complaint would also be send to the competent GST authority.

Recently I checked up Booking.com for the above property and they have changed the name to Vaithikuppam Apartment, but had retained the old photos of the flat. Booking.com

Cheapest hotel booking website
Nov 21, 2017 01:50 PM Read (via Android App)

I used this website recently when I planned to visit US, so I researched a little to find any site where I can book the room and pay afterwards to be on the safe side. I've used makemytrip and yatra for domestic booking but they were not offering postpaid room or if they had in certain hotels the cost was high for those rooms compared to the same room if booked prepaid in the same hotel.

Here, I've the option to pay in any currency suitable to me and anyone else who don't want to give conversion charges.

The website UI is very smooth easy to use, fairly descriptive about the amenities provided with room and lots of reviews to make it more trustworthy.

Shocked when they charge amount without intimation
Nov 15, 2017 04:34 PM Read

Hi All,

We all know boooking.com portal is mostly famous for its pay at hotel booking of foreign countries with same information I made booking from its portal for pay at hotel in Bangkok city. It was very easy to find required hotel'The Step Sathon' from their web site and it was clearly mentioned that, free cancellation and no pre-payment required. But, I was very surpirsed, when web site were asking for credit card details, I thought it was just for the security purpose and shared the details with it. After making the booking within 2 hrs booking amount was debited from my credit card without any intimation from Booking, com, when I raised same complaint to its CSR they informed this amount is not debited by them it is charged by hotel directly even when no pre-payment was required. So, finally I cancelled the booking and not made any other booking from there web site.

With reference to above issue my reviews are as follows:

• Customer support are well mannered, they understand my concern and advice me to cancel booking

• Information depth & content was not helpful, it was not clearly mentioned that they will charge booking amount from CC instanly

• Web site can be used without hek-tik and well resposive

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Meshram

Sep 17, 2017 06:43 AM Read

Keeping aside other sites that offered me convenient hotel bookings through internet, I preferred booking.com

already done 4 bookings through them, Lonavala, BBI, Puri, etc.so convinent,

currently my choice of the year for hotel bookings

no advance money taken, pay at the hotel on arrival.confirmatory mail comes to your inbox.

best for last minute bookings.

sometimes hotel choices could be less, but convinience is great.

I use other sites to look for more hotel choices only.

Booking tickets
Jun 16, 2017 04:31 PM Read (via Android App)

I understand that This is not a conformed ticket and agree to accepted the tickets. I support max. rate of the tickets to buy on online to booking any mobile or smart phone like just tickets, etc., to any other apps to use all the bookingvway is not correct but all choose these way

Booking tickets is not a pay directly to use on online also make to choose the any life style . Thank u Booking.com

Booking. Com
Jun 09, 2017 03:11 AM Read (via Android App)

I am so sorry to write a review about this app. This is the app for booking lodges and hotels everywhere in india. I installed this app and once I tried to get hotel in Delhi.

I booked one hotel for 2 nights stay which is cost of Rs. 6500, through this app. And I gave the credit card number and paid the money. But I didn't get confirmation mail from this site. And I mailed them this issue and they replied me by telling to wait for few hours. But after two days only I got the confirmation mail.

However I didn't cancel it and reached the hotel on same day. But they gave me the room without air-conditioner and got for only for 1 day. I got confused and I tried to call them. But they didn't receive my call. Finally I booked one more day and again paid the cash.

This app has no option for sending complaints and while using we get lots of advertisements. It is taking more time to load and I fed up with this app . They are not providing a proper service or they are booking the hotels for the customers incorrectly.

I request everyone that don't book any hotels through this app. Totally disappointed!

Booking.com - Superb Services and Choices
May 11, 2017 04:38 PM Read

Booking.com is an online travel, hotels and etc booking platform. First time, I heard about booking.com from my boss, he suggested to me to book my travel and hotels when I was going to Bangkok from Malaysia. I booked my air ticket and hotel through booking.com, I got many listed and nice hotels at cheap rate. All the information are uploaded on the website totally true and informative. The website is easy to understand and user-friendly. If you want make changes in your travel or hotels, customer support will help you. I had good experience with booking.com. If you going to international visit, it is best platform for you and also gets so many offers and discounts.

Good for quick hotel bookings!
May 08, 2017 10:51 PM Read

Booking.com website or mobile app is a quick and convenient way of booking hotels and lodges round the globe. I have been using this app for a long time and I have made bookings in OYO Delhi twice and it is convenient and quick.

The app shows real time info about availability of hotels and rooms and different places and you can just book a room at the fingertips just in few seconds.

It has also provided great deals to me when I booked the OYO rooms and I am happy with the quality of services provided to me. It provides good customer support and they also reply to any query mails at the earliest possible.

I like to book hotels from booking.com and also suggest the same to other.

GOOD JOB BOOKING.COM