Readability:

Darrington, U.S.A.

4 Reviews

Sandra Brown's novels lack depth

Jul 15, 2003 07:14 PM 1946 views

(Updated Jul 15, 2003 07:16 PM)

Readability:

Story:

I agree with the previous reader's assessment of Brown's character development--she writes women better than she writes men. I stopped reading Brown's novels a long time ago because her plots are too silly, and the mothers too-often put their babies in life-threatening situations, such as placing a few-month-old to sleep on a sheet-covered trash bag so the baby doesn't make a puddle on the fine upholstery chair. Give me a break! I picked this up in the airport and started reading, but must report that I put it down (and that's probably the most important part of this review--it's easy to put down).

The characters in this novel are too extreme to keep my attention as a reader. A nude model meets and falls in love with a minister. Lots of presumptions are made about the character ''types,'' which they must then convince the reader aren't true. But Brown doesn't possess the writing or plotting skills to pull it off. Never has, probably never will. Read Sandra Brown's novels if you want to skip around to the sex scenes. She usually writes pretty good sex.

Write a Review on Tempest In Eden - Sandra Brown