• Samarasata Delux

Thank you Guest for your contribution.
Details submitted will be verified soon.
You will receive an email once your information is published.
Product:
Landmark:
Example: Near Pali Naka
Phone Number:
Example: +91-22-26058753    Add more phone numbers
Comment:
500 characters maximum
I agree to the Terms.

Samarsata Express!!!

By: | Feb 03, 2012 05:05 PM

It happened once that I had to travel from Howrah to Nagpur. I tried for booking tickets in conventional Mumbai bound trains but could not succeed. While browsing through the list of trains I came across a name which read "Samarsata Express".

On further inquiry I came to know that this train has an extended route - it does not follow the conventional HWH - KGP - TATA - CKP route rather it travels a longer HWH - BNK-PRR-CKP route.As a few tickets were still available in AC II Tier I booked one and was actually happy to have a confirmed reservation on a super fast train. However, the fare was on a higher side.

On scheduled date the Train started from Howrah at scheduled time.

The coaches were new, wll lit and best part was the AC was working as expected (this I am skeptical about). The washroom was clean and to my surprise the coach that I was travelling in still had a few vacant seats. I was really happy to see that speed of this train was really good and it was mostly on time. Next day morning when we had a halt (somewhere in Chattisgarh) I actually saw the composition of the train. This train had 9 / 10 AC coaches. I was really impressed about this fact. Finally the train reached Nagpur bang on time and so ended my perfect journey.

As current frequency of the train is just a week, I recommend that Indian Railway ministry should increase the frequency of this train as it enables people from interior parts of WB to directly travel to our Business HUB.

Additional details about Samarasata Delux

Frequently travelled class on this train: No Comment

How Useful was this Review?