BillJunction.com Reviews

Difficult to communicate with them, they are lazy
Aug 30, 2010 07:58 PM Read

Bill Junction is a big fraud. It is difficult to communicate with them at any point time. They have fake phone numbers at least in Ahmedabad. Wanted to get a new password after forgetting the one I had; am unable to get a response. It is literally a DEAF organization.

I rate it very Poor. They never conduct a feedback survey. I wish they were sincere in their dealings. They take the customers for granted. They keep changing their phone numbers, Even the phone numbers on their website keep changing without notice. Initially when they were loosely knit to ICICI Bank they were performing well, but now God knows who runs this shabby organisation.

God save us from the tortures on customers by Bill Junction.

Billjunction.com - The worst site of its kind
Oct 03, 2009 03:57 PM Read

I first came to know about this site Billjunction.com from one of my utility bills as the'only authorized' site to make online payment.

The company was prompt to send me the welcome kit, checked by bank details, got my signature verified, etc but my tale of woe began when I tried to communicate with them over e mails or phone.

Let me give an example. When I want to add an utility company for paying my mobile or electricity bill, I have to enter all relevant details to the section called'Add Billers/Payees'. Once I type in all the details, there is nothing to tell me that all the details have been registered and now the names have indeed been added.

The second experience was when I wrote to them asking why is my bank(SBI) deducting monies for signature verification more than once - no response. They simply do not respond to any e mail or even STD calls! If you manage to get through to their forever-engaged telephone line(amazing, but they just have one line) all their customer care executives are busy. To top it all, they are closed on Sat and Sundays and all other public holidays!

Can someone please enlighten me more about this site - I have already spent about Rs.1500 without a single bill being processed for payment! With no one responding to e mails, or phone calls, how are they surviving till date?

Help please, tell me what I should do!

indira123

Is Billjunction out of business ?
Jun 25, 2008 11:14 AM Read

I  have stopped receiving e-mail notifications about pending bills. One needs to periodically check the site to see if there are pending bills. The email for customer support ( support@ billjunction.com) does not work-the mails bounce back and their customer support number ( 96280 96288) is not working either-you get an announcement asking for "checking" the number ! Thus, they are completely un-reachable now !

Automatic e-mails to your registered e-mail ID was supposed to be one of the service deliverables, and the service is of not much use if that does not work.And then when one tries to reach them to find an answer, you come across a complete dead end.

While we talk ourselves silly about our IT prowess and Service orientation, facts re-iterate that such companies have still a long way to come up to world class services

Anyone knows if they have gone bankrupt or have generally stopped their business ?

Saumyendu Chowdhury

BillJunction.com
No Contact numbers, no proper communication
Aug 17, 2020 11:19 AM Read (via Mobile)

I am a customer since last 13 years and having pathetic experience with Bill junction. They do not have contact numbers to contact them, even though we see numbers on-line.

Even though I have registered my payments, I am paying myself for all the electricity bills.

Late Payment by Bill Junction- Regular Problem
Mar 21, 2007 04:12 PM Read

Issues: Multiple bills repeatedly being paid late and no solution despite customer complaints

Experience: I do not glance at my bills(is a bad habit for any bank customer) but some months ago noted a fine of late payment of Hutch on my bill. I tracked and found multiple late payments being done by Bill Junction.this was the beginning.

I called up their helpline.greeted with "thank you sir, we will call you back".went on for months and months!.of course late payment and fines continued. I felt I had talked to half their customer support employees.Deepak, Maheshwari, Hema, Drupti Shetty. including at Head office(cust support notes your problem and gives you another number which notes your problem and gives you another time or person or number or complaining online and politely tells you if you want your problem solved then talk to head office.)

My billjunction id is tovikram.the problem still continues. Very poor customer support for issue resolution** .

Solution

1. Look at your bills regularly. Keep max limits and if you have the time then manual approval.

2. Look at other vendors.I have lost in thousands.

Others are

Banks(Citibank, HDFC.)

3rd party vendors: Hero Bill Pay, Visa Bill Pay

Servants and drivers

In any case remember: Check your bills regularlywhen dealing with ANY financial matter [phone bills, credit card bills, electricity bills]

I will end this with a quote:)

This is sample of error I got when I tried to do a transaction on bill junction.am checking to see if I lost any money due to their poor software.

-EXTRACT.ERROR MESSAGE.yes, they dont know how to write error messages-

java.lang.NullPointerException at jrun_bankaccount2ejsp10._jspService(jrun_bankaccount2ejsp10.java:75) at jrun.jsp.runtime.HttpJSPServlet.service(HttpJSPServlet.java:43) at jrun.jsp.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:119) at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:91) at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42) at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:259) at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:541) at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:204) at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320) at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428) at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:266) at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

Highly innovative and smooth
May 23, 2006 05:22 PM Read

Bill junction is from ICICI family which would not to me raise high expectations. but it is surprisingly good. When I signed up about 4 years ago , they sent a man over to complete the paper work. I basically used it to pay MTNL Bills as often the paper bill would come late and the queues in MTNL exchanges arent conducive to good living. Bill Junction alerts you when a bill is due , when it is about to be paid and then when it is debited. It has a fairly wide client base and that is helpful. After I migrated from MTNL, I had no use for Bill Junction for a long while. Then suddenly I felt the need to use it again and decided to check it out. The account was still active and I could activate it within minutes. An extremely user friendly site with good customer service( at least by email) which is what I have used. Cost is minimal.

It sucks
Apr 07, 2006 11:12 AM Read

I took the Bill Junction(BJ) membership so that I don't have to remember paying the bills. This was sometime in Sep-05.

I added BESCOM, my insurance and mobile bills to my profile.

For 2 months, everything was fine. Then it started!

My BESCOM bills never got presented there. For the last 2 months, it has completly stopped. BJ has not even communicated to me as to why they have stopped. They say there is some prob.

Morever my insurance premiums have not been presented even once!

Recently I am getting SMS abt bill payments @ 11pm, 3:20 AM, 3 AM!!

Is it a decent time to send such msgs?

The lady who answers the customer support line is not at all professional.

Her first 2 words are - Hello, yes.

With ICICI and CITI providing the same feature for FREE with much better service, BJ will be history soon.

BJ has a strange rule that it needs 7 working days to debit our acct once we authorise the bill. First of all, the bill is presented late and then I have to wait for 7 working days to be paid. If it gets late then I get the penalty!!

Overall, pl stay away from BJ.

BHaving Bad expericence
Dec 26, 2005 11:43 AM Read

Hi,

I too had read get reviews about billjunction.com, but of late I have been quite frustrated with them.

It all started with payment of electricity bill from BESCOM. Initially the bill would get uploaded on time with no issue, but for last 4 months, my bills are not getting uploaded on time. In fact, my paper bill comes earlier than what is uploaded on their website. I send them an email about bills not uploaded and I don't get response. So, I have to take away my precious office time and call the customer service ( contact person: Sindhu) at their Bangalore office to find out what the issue is. She tells me that of late they have had problems and are trying to sort this issue out. She also told me that they would extend the due date as well, but the problem is that they would never upload my bill with proper payment date. Whenever the bill gets uploaded, by that time, their is insufficient time for me to make the payment. I call the customer service again to extend the due date further and she said that she would call me back. But I never get any call, so I call her the next day and without any apology she says that they will upload it that day. This incident has happened every month till date and I am getting frustrated because of this.

My idea of hassle free payment with billjunction is not working out at all. I might switch to using my bank online bill payment facility if things does not get better in a month from now.

If others also have the same pathetic experience then please share it. This is the only way for them to improve their service.

Anurag Verma

Great idea - Poor implementation
Aug 09, 2004 06:44 PM Read

Definitely the service offered by Billjunction is simply great for the busy people. But there are multiple buts here...

The service offered by them enables you to pay the generic utility bills through you bank account. At the time of registration they will take the signature from you to enable them debiting your bank account.

Now a days services offered by any financial companies (Particularly at the time of opening the account) are nice. Same goes with BillJunction. It's pretty easy to open an account with them. And then just register your billers, payees and you start paying the bill online. The overall process is pretty simple but takes time. I guess since they have to do lot of processing in background (Like signature verification from Bank, ECS with bank, coordinating with the Billers) they take much time.

The service idea is real good. They will collect your bills from the electricity, telephone departments, etc.; will inform you about the same. Even will send you the reminders. What you have to do is just simply go online, instruct them to pay the bills. This service is simply addictive.

BUT........

You will face the problems like your bill is not been Uploaded on the system (That's the terminology they use for getting the bill from your biller and present to you). The guys at call center are not very trained. will take time to understand the problem and at last they will say that they would check and get back to you which half the time they wont. Moreover they don?t seem to keep the record of your complaints. I literally had to scream at the executive to reach to his superior.

The trouble will start when you register new biller and the biller happens to be some govt dept. The presentation of bills from them is not regular, needs follow-up for few cycles. You can not rely on those guys 100%. Basically when it comes to implementation of the excellent idea, they are weak and seems to be unprofessional. Don?t seem to be having clear-cut processes to get the work done. Attention, your complaints are personal, dependant and needs follow-up.

Paying Bills-The Efficient Way
Mar 31, 2004 04:23 PM Read

Hi,

Some months ago, I like many others, was very critical about the service provided by ICICI Bank. Here I am writing about a joint venture of ICICI, which is worth appreciating. Billjunction.com (bj.com) is a bills payment site which is really good.

Like many junk mails, I received this mail from bj.com for my enrollment. I filled in few details like the username, password, address etc.. Within couple of days I receive a call from bj.com that a representative from their office wants to meet to complete the registration formality. Since I was travelling and will not be in office, I suggested that the registration documents be couriered. Documents was couriered and I filled the forms which also contains a mandate letter, which was for essentially instructing my bank to pay whenever bj.com comes for payment. The entire registration got completed within 7 days by paying some marginal fees of less than Rs. 500 (sorry don't remember).

BJ.com can be used for various payments. Payments are broadly divided into ''Billers'' and ''Payees''. ''Billers'' are the agencies whom BJ.com has a tie-up with, which means that a copy of the bill directly is sent to BJ.com in addition to the bill received what the customer normally receives. Obviously this after receiving information from the customer: like for MTNL, a customer number (which is printed on the bill) needs to be defined on the site. BJ.com will inform about the payment of the bill through SMS alerts and also mail alerts. These alerts are received 2-3 times before the due date. They also have this facility for auto debiting the bank account or giving a cap over which the BJ.com has to obtain an approval from the customer. If a manual payment is selected (preferred) then the customer needs to go to the site and pay off the bill. The list of billers are to name a few: MTNL, BSES, LIC, MSEB etc etc etc.

''Payees'' are agencies who not send bills directly to BJ.com, thus not receiving any SMS alerts or mail from BJ.com. But the customer can go to the site and place an order to pay a particular payee. For instance : BPL Mobile.

Needless to mention one can very easily add a Biller, Payee or a Bank. The Bills can also be paid through Telephone and SMS. However, Bills cannot be paid through BJ.com if the due date has lapsed. The wonderful thing about paying BJ.com is that irrespective of the date you order it to pay, the bank account is debited only two working days before the due date so that the agency is paid on due date. If the customer intends to pay the bill earlier, this can also be done.

The obvious advantages are:

1. No waiting or standing in queues

2. Effective Reminders

3. Good float

In this busy life nobody has time to waste standing in lines for paying bills!!!!

Any comments?

Regards

Vijay

Bill Da Mamla Hai
May 23, 2003 04:30 PM Read

I have been using the electronic bill payment service ever since it started in India in 2001 through internet. I use Billjunction.com

Before that also ECS facility was available for a few services like your Phone Bill payment for MTNL through your credit card companies like AmEX, Citi Bank etc. but there you have to give standing instructions and you recieved the bill in physical form.

Today's electronic bill payment systems are much more advanced over these earlier systems.I will come to the features later let me first talk about the economies of using the E bill system

I pay around 150 Rs for some 20+ bills to be paid across various services like Phone bill, Electricity bill, Credit card bill, LIC policies, ISP bill etc.

Now just look at the scenario when I have to pay the bill for my phone 3 years ago conisidering it arrives on time by snail mail I will have to go to the phone companies bill collection center which may be miles away from my home, look for a  parking space stand in Q for hours and then wait for the Almighty Clerk jee Maharaj to come back from Smoke break and then take money from me. If I am paying cash normally he will not have Chutta ( specially in Delhi, though in Mumbai I have not faced this problem). By the time I come back some body has parked his Car in front of mine and blah blah blah blah...... I can continue but I hope the point has been made that it was a pain in the neck wastage of time and money.

Now lets look at the scene today: I open my email box as usual delete all the junk promising me everything from a billion $ in 10 days to the most beautiful babes on planet and and start looking at useful mails. There is a mail from my bill payment service that there is a bill of Rs X for my LIC due after 20 days and I can make the payment by going to my bill payment box. So I log in click on a few buttons make sure that I have the funds in my bank account( which also I check online and lo its done before my coffee gets cold)

The amount is debited from my savings account from on the due date and a email confirming the same is sent to me.

The process to signing for the service is simple you sign a account opening form giving the Bill Collection company authority (this is approved by RBI) to debit your account to pay your bills. and then once your account is activated you can fill details of services you want to pay online.

One major advantage is that for some of the services where the Payment is always a constant and on a set date you can opt for Autopay so that you don't have to even log in to activate the payment. Although I don't reccomend it as you loose the control on your finances and may forget that a bill is due.

So go for a manual payment for the service.

Some of the new age banks like ICICI, Citi, HDFC etc offer this service free of cost to their customers, but I prefer the payed service of Billjunction as you are not restricted to any one bank and you can pay from any bank account with any private of PSU bank which you have designated for the same. Also you have facility to make a phone call to make a payment for extra charges.

My guess is I have already saved more on parking charges than I have payed to the company for their services.

So go ahead and use one  of the electronic bill payment service, just be carefull with your password and Userid as you normally would be with any thing on Internet

Take time to do more important work
Nov 20, 2002 10:21 AM Read

This is the perfect place to land for today's busy employee/employer. You need not spend time to go and stand in long queues to pay your telephone bills and LIC bills (just to name the most commonly paid billers). Also, u can pay u'r credit card bills, Mobile bills, ISP bills, etc. In fact, in some cities, you have an option of even paying your water tax and electricity bills. And the highlight is that you don't have to create a new bank account for all this. You just need to give your exisiting account details on the site, sign the mandate form, and then bingo.. u can pay all your bills just by authorizing payment online (at least a week in advance). They even tell u when u'r a/c is going to get debited so that u can maintain the balance. Also, for high-profile customers, there is the option of auto-payment. So, this is a really wonderful thing that has happened in the Net.. Try it !!

Bills payment web site
Apr 01, 2002 11:08 AM Read

I want to talk about Bill junction.com. This is a service on the net promoted by ICICI. In enables consumer to pay the bills on line @ Rs. 99/- per 20 bills in a year. One can pay for MTNL/BSNL, BPL/Orange, BSES/MSEB and LIC Premiums (free of cost on line) The site is secure (verisign approved) and it is not necessary to open new account with ICICI. You can use the existing account in any bank. This facility is available in all major towns.

The website keeps a record of transactions (Archives) and gives reminders by mail for making payments. The payment is made on appropriate due dates by debiting account in ¾ days in advance of due dates. One can give autopay instructions to pay upto a certain limit. The site is accessible from cybercafe as well and does not use cookies (to keep track of who has visited and when) making it more privacy oriented. It deactivates once more that five clicks are done wrongly to secure it from tampering. Recommended to visit and register to avoid making trips to all these offices of utilities etc.

Pay your bills the easy way!
Feb 11, 2002 12:11 PM Read

I hate paying bills! The very thought of sitting down amidst piles of bills, receipts, check books, trash and a hundred other papers makes me go sick with repulsion. We have, for long been subjected to this drudgery by our ever-friendly public sector utility service providers. On the other hand, what if you had the option of sitting in front of your PC in the comfort of your home/office and manage all your bills with the click of a mouse button? What if the whole process of paying your bills was not an embittering chore, but almost fun? You’d love to go for it, won’t you?

Billjunction.com, an initiative of ICICI Ventures, a network company of ICICI, one of the country’s premier Financial Institutions, is one such facility which offers the convenience of paying utility bills online. It currently offers the facility across 8 cities in India - Mumbai, New Delhi, Pune, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai and Ahmedabad and spans more than 50-60 different utility service providers. The site offers three packages at nominal charges of about Rs. 5 per transaction. But they are all not available at the afore-mentioned 8 cities, please check the website for more details pertaining to your city.

How does it work?

1. You first need to register with Billjunction.com to receive bills and make online payments. The process is fairly simple and does not take more than 5-10 minutes. The first screen seeks the mandatory details like name, address, phone numbers, e-mail ID, login name and password, etc. The second screen asks for details of your existing bank account (there’s no need to open an account with ICICI Bank) like accountholders name, bank account number, MICR code (physically double check this 9 digit code at the bottom of the cheque leaf, the MICR codes for some banks may be wrong on the website, as was in my case) etc. The third screen asks for the Bank and branch name where the holder has an account and which he/she wishes to use for making the payments in future. The company then dispatches a set of documents to your mailing address. These documents comprise of a Bank Mandate (essentially a document that you have a numbered account in that particular branch and that it would be debited on a specific request provided by billjunction towards paying your bills). The whole processing takes about 2-3 weeks.

2. After registering, login to your account and from the menu provided, select your billers and payees (like VSNL, MTNL, Water and Electricity Board, mobile service provider, etc.) from whom you wish to receive your bills electronically and have the option of making online payments.

3. Billjunction then informs these billers that you’ve signed up with it for making online payments and requests them to send your bills to it. Thereafter, each time your biller raises a bill, Billjunction will present it to you online and inform the new bill arrival through an email. Rest assured, your biller/payee will continue to send you the regular paper bill as before. You can review your bill details online, decide and authorise when and how much to pay and select the bank account (in case you’ve given the mandate for more than 1 account) from which you wish to make the payment. Billjunction then processes the payment request and debits it from your bank account as per your instructions (it takes about 5-6 days from the time you give the payment instructions till the time it is debited from your bank account). Once your payment has been received by the biller/payee, billjunction confirms the successful completion of the payment through email and file the bill electronically for future reference. Its as simple as that!

What about online security?

Internet security has improved considerably these days and crores of rupees are being transacted each year online. The unique logon ID and password set by you at the time of registration validate the connection to a secure server. The site also stipulates that users use Netscape Navigator 4.0 or above and Internet Explorer 4.0 or above as they incorporate the latest security updates. This ensures that all data is authenticated and encrypted by the Netscape Enterprise Server, keeping your personal data safe as it transits the cyber space. A major comfort factor here is that there are no ''cookies'' (which is how most hackers hack into accounts) created on your computer to establish your identity. Instead the service creates a random session ID which ''times out'' after 10 minutes of inactivity. Cool, uh?

Even in the unlikely even of a smart hacker getting through all the security layers, the best he can do is to get your name, address and bank account (number only, not the amount) details. He can’t do a damn thing in terms of debiting your bank account because there is no link to your bank account whatsoever. Moreover, the mandate is specifically given by you to your bank to credit the bill proceeds only to billjunction.com and not to any other account. The site is also certified by Verisign Inc., one of the world’s leading certifying authorities for Website security. So its absolutely safe.

What are the advantages of using billjunction.com to make online bill payments?

1. Convenience unlimited - The site covers all major utility services and more are being added in due course. You therefore have the convenience of paying all or most of your bills at a single pace (online!) without having to run individually around each of their payment counters. The best part is that you can leave instructions for payment of your bills anytime - 24 hours a day!

2. No obtuse paperwork - while you continue to receive your normal paper bills/statements, you can simply file them away. There is an online archive that allows generation of customised reports for every payment made in the last 12 months. The offline archive stores all records of your payments for the last 3 years. You can schedule payment dates for any account, get custom reports of all your account activities, get status updates on your accounts and get an at-a-glance overview of your entire account.

3. No new Bank account - You can continue using your existing and trusted bank account to make the payments, however obscure and tucked away in a non-descript galli as it may be. No headaches of opening a new bank account and getting involved in all that cumbersome documentation again.

4. No tensions - Regular e-mail reminders help you keep track of due dates and up-coming payments well before time. There is also the option of manually authorising payments or authorising the site to do it manually (by setting an upper limit) using the Auto-Pay option.

My experience

I’ve been using this service for the last 5-6 months and have personally found it to be extremely convenient. The service staff were helpful even going to the extent of calling me up and inquiring whether I had begun using the service and suggesting that I approach them in case of any problems.

Go ahead and sign up in case you haven’t already...you have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

BillJunction.com