Entertainment Value:

Oct 10, 2007 10:35 PM 10704 Views

Entertainment Value:

Variety of Programs:

Anchors and Hosts:

Channel Surfing is one of the regular things that I have noticed among all my friends. I am comfortable now after clarifying that I am not the only one to do so. I stop frequently at zOomwhenever I hop and play with channels.

From the Media HouseĀ Bennett, Coleman & Company "Zoom TV" claims to be India's first non-fiction, hindi entertainment channel. Packed with shows on celebrities, Bollywood, spicy gossip, unabashed glamour and the high life, . it also claims to be the preferred lifestyle channel. Times Group brands it as your spy into the homes of the rich and famous, your invitation to the hippest parties, DJ, fortune teller, party hopper, voyeur, fashion designer all rolled into one, and more.

Zoom TV has positioned itself as a perfect show in the drawing room of every indian household. It perfectly replaces a Film fare or a Femina in the living room.The sharp and crispy reception, the eye-pleasing picture, rich contents, latest information about the popular stars and their movies, celebrities to host your favourite shows and much much more simply takes you away from the crowded soap operas and several other monotonous TV shows.

When you are in the mood of taking a deep in the bolly-gossip you simply need'Popkorn' orĀ  'Page 3'. Some other popular shows like Manish Malhotra Show, Just Pooja, Kya Kaheein, Dangerous and Kosmiic Chat are perfect companion for a lady at home looking to be a part of gossip or chit-chat. Be it Pooja Bedi, Simone Singh, Irffan Khan, Manish Malhotra or Mini Mathur! all of them are lined up to take a few minutes of yours to inform you the happenings from the world of glamour and fashion.

Just to get a lowdown on the new initiatives planned; every episode of Page 3 has an auction of paraphrenalia used by Bollywood actors in different films that viewers can bid for over the Zoom website. The channel reveals in the past they have had viewers bidding for Hritikh Roshan's jacket for Rs 10, 000 and more.

The entertainment news show Popkorn now has a daily opinion poll with the names of the winners being published daily in the Bombay Times as well as the Delhi Times. A special contest has also been weaved around Just Pooja, where the winners get a dinner date with Pooja Bedi.

The popular show Kosmic Chat will now give an opportunity to viewers to get their forecast by popular tarot card reader Sunita Menon. Viewers can now sms their sun sign, birth place and time of birth. The channel will pick up 100 people who get a free forecast done by Sunita Menon.

This Glamour & lifestyle channel from the times group seems to venture beyond its top three channel drivers - Just Pooja, PopKorn and Page 3.

In my living room idiot box I find a dozen from each category of channels starting from sports to business, but not a channel yet to substitute or compete zOom. Me and my wife are totally opposite when it comes to choose the TV channel. While CNBC-TV18, Discovery or the AXN is my cup of tea, she feels happy with Star Plus, Zee or Sony. Irony is that we both enjoy our evening tea watching zOom.

Did I say "Isko Dekho"?