Prepaid ordered cancelled without Refund
Oct 06, 2019 06:54 PM 1819 Views (via Mobile)

I am writing this with great disappointment.

I have been regularly ordering food from your app.. and hadn’t yet faced any difficulty until now.

This particular order (order id: 1699422795) that I made on 04/10/2019 fromShahi Restaurant, miraroad was cancelled from your end despite making a full payment on grounds of incorrect address and that you couldn’t reach me on my phone.

My phones battery was dead and so u couldnt reach me to locate my address.. but that doesn’t mean u cancel the order from ur end... nobody is a fool to pay in full ( prepaid online) n give u the incorrect address.

When I contacted the delivery boy , he tells me he has returned the food. I call the hotel to ask if they received it back so I could arrange to get it redelivered or pick it up myself, the hotel informs me that they haven’t got the food back..

a series of calls went in back n forth to the delivery boy n hotel.. until after almost an hour of all this the delivery boy tells me that the food has been given to some orphanage..

I have no problems with the food being sent there.. the problem was all this while I m juggling between phone calls to find out if I could get hold of the food I ordered n paid for in full, back n on time .. ( there was my ill mom waiting for the food at home)

all this while I was hoping to know the truth about the food parcel which within minutes of being cancelled is returned..

If the delay is from your end we understand and give u the leeway but if the same happens to us u go ahead n cancel a paid order without refund .

This is so not acceptable.

After another hour of explaining all of this to the zomato support chat executive and receiving no help what so ever , , , , I m asked to give the executive a “thumps up” for his help! ?? Like really?

After two hours of waiting in hope n hungry , , , I had to place the order again n pay again n this time the delivery boy had no problem in finding the location ! Surprise! ?

In fact I had also placed an order on the03/10/2019 from spice n rice restaurant, Mira Road at the same address and that too reached us without any difficulty.

Then why such a response this time..

I hope u do not repeat such things in future.

Zomato.com