Accessibility:

Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

This was one of the most memorable trips of my life. Ofcourse till now.The day I purchased my new car, I made up my mind to go out of Bangalore as soon as possible. I didnt care if it was for a day or a weekend.

"Yercaud" the place - Its a heaven for the people who want to relax and dont want to do much. Just sit in the cottage( Cottages coming up later in the review) and enjoy the silence. Yercaud is about 5000 fts above sea level. Lush green hills look fabolous. The drive to Yercaur from Salem is worth driving. 22 bends and the good road is the only thing a driver requires.

Friends on the way - You will see a lot of monkeys on the way to yercaud. Dont get over-excited and open the windows of the car completely or in no time the monkeys will be kissing you all over.

Places to see in Yercaud -

Ladies, Gents and Children seat - I have heard that some British lady use to sit and enjoy the view. No Idea about the gents and children seat. maybe that that family didnt stay togather.

Rose Garden - Ok if u love roses. lots of verities of roses found here.

Pagoda Point - Why do people call it Pakoda Point when hot Pakodas are served at the lake.

Ofcourse the Lake - I mean "THE LAKE" - Naam hi Kafi hai. The lake isthe main attraction of Yercaud. AGAIN. No idea. except for the romantic Pink boat my wife hired. Sometimes you have to make them happy. Ofcourse they are leaving their "Saas Bahu" serials on TV for this boating. 70 Per person is not a bad deal.

The lake offers you tea, coffee, Mirchi Bhajji, Egg Pakoda, and a useless wineshop. The onl thing trustworthy there is the KINGFISHER BEER:).

The Servarayan Temple - At a real scenic location. The temple is inside a large rock. You have to bend and get in cause of the lack of space.

Places where mobile network is available. No Internet connectivity anywhere. Watchout.

1. Pakoda Point. I seem to like this name.

2. THE LAKE.

3. Servarayan Temple

4. Shevaroys Hotel.

Things to buy. Nothing except coffee.

Pubs & Discos in Yercaud - Do you think you will find one. Yes. Cloud nine in the Hotel Grand Palace. Nice service. I got 6 pegs of rum(Parcel) for Rs. 480. Thats not good.

Places to stay - Shevaroys - Heard its good.

Grand Palace. The biggest hotel in town. With a grand pub called Cloud 9.

Grange resorts - Cottages 3 kms from the town. The Lake.

Grange resorts is the place I stayed in. The place is again. for the people who really want to relax.

I took room number 5. The room was OK but the view from the resort was really cool. A jungle experience. No sound of any vehicle. Complete silence except for the birds in the day and nocturnal insects in the night.

The best place to sit was the cottage Balcony.

Service - Is ok types when compared to the other hotels. Weekends you get better service that weekdays. Restaurent serves everything if ordered in advance. Room food service is available.

To reach Yercaud - Reach Selam. And from there take the road to Yercaud. 33 kms. That was helpful information.  Was it?

If you like living in forests take the backside rooms. Maybe starting with 5 or ending. i.e. 5, 6, 7, 8. OR  2, 3, 4, 5.

Enjoy