Road Grip:

Rs. 55,500 (Ex-Showroom)

Yamaha

Bangalore India
I bet,"U" Njoy the bike a lot with this..
Jun 08, 2011 01:41 PM 7058 Views
(Updated Jun 08, 2011 01:42 PM)

Road Grip:

Story started something like this...

I'm a sMr_customtakeouternt and my dad said he'll get me a bike if I happen to agree on changing the home to another one which was near his workplace..Boy!! , i was happy, i was ready to travel extra miles on bike rather than traveling lesser miles on Bus..

Research started as usual.....

I had short listed these bikes before...

1.Honda Stunner

2.Bajaj Discover 135

3.TVS Flame

4.Yamaha Gladiator

and HH Glamour, Suzuki Zues and  XCD 125 & 135 were out my list as they looked lame to me..

Test Rides started...

I loved Stunner so much that, even after taking a test ride, i was not ready to give up on it even it had so of much vibration.When I asked about the vibration issue to the showroom person, i was told that, the same bike would be used for Promotion campaigns of the bike so it  was not well maintained and  a new bike would not vibrate like that..i was confused by what I heard !!

After a couple of days, i went to 3 Honda Showrooms in Bangalore (2 Silicon Honda showrooms and Haiku honda) on the very same day to take test ride.At a showroom I got a chance to ride a brand new bike (had clocked 200 odd kms), But I faced the same problem of vibration.And the story is same at the other showrooms too..

So had to give up on Stunner.

Then I looked at Bajaj' offerings.Discover 135 was the option for me except XCD range.

When I had been to showroom, it took 15-20mins before the concerned person talked to me.I was a kind of Pissed off to wait.

Test ride was given of Discover 135, i was impressed by the power but not by vibrations and poor build quality and also service.

So Discover Out of list

TVS Flame ??

Had been to showroom 3 times before I first saw any sales person there, last 2 times I was askd to wait wait wait for 15-20 mins, but didnt wait..At 4 time I made it, got the test ride, but bike was going well untill it stopped all of sudden and was strugglin to start on KickStart and Self..and was not impressed by the build quality also.

So Flame failed to impress

Next comes Yamaha Glad..When I went to showroom  I was treated like a guest..Later was offered the test ride.I was impressed by the Rev happy motor, Lovely Ride and handling but not :-) with the fact that it was struggling to pull with the pillion (shwroom guy).

After a week I asked the showroom guy, whether he can give me a test ride without Pillion.I was glad that he agreed with me.

I booked the Gladiator RS, and got the bike after 3-4 days..

Boy !! It revs soooo well, i just love to rev it and listen to the sound it makes without any vibrations..

I was actually told by my friend not to buy accessories from shwroom as they were costly.

First Service:@ 500 odd kms

They charged  for Oil, Polish for Matt parts and open chain cleaning spray.(totally , 220+25+100)

Service was well done, bike was even smoother than before

All the services were done well except the 3rd one, which was kind of ok, but was not upto the mark.

After 8000kms I used semi Synthetic oil (Valvoline), bike got smoothed further, with smooth shifts..

After 12000kms I switched to Full Synthetic ( Agip), the bike is butter smooth now.

The best thing about this bike is the Engine.Till it reaches 3.5k RPM, u cant see its another face.After 3.5k RPM, it just loves to rev like crazyyy..u can easily rev this motor to all the way upto 7-8k RPM, where u sense vibrations in foot pegs..

Other best things are Handling n Ride..This bike outperforms every bike in 125cc category even Pulsar family bikes when it comes to handling and ride.The ride is superb cz it has 18" tyres and nice suspension setup (which can b changed)

Overall I would say, Buy this bike if u LOVE n Njoy riding, n I bet u won't regret later.The bike has a FEEL in it..

Yamaha Gladiator RS