55, 5th Main, Behind Hotel Leela Palace, Old Airport Road, HAL 2nd Stage, Kodihalli, Bangalore 560008, KA

+91-80-43550050

Same barber shop service for a real high price
Apr 30, 2010 12:31 PM 5145 Views

There are already a number of reviews on YLG salon Bangalore. Let me share my experience too.

This was my first experience with a salon. Earlier small roadside barber shop usually serves all my need. First time I felt a need of a hair stylist, when I started growing my hair and had a ponytail for a year or so. I searched online and found this place in Koramangala (only YLG men’s salon in Bangalore as per my knowledge), called them up and the reception guy was really good and behaved with respect and courtesy. So I made up my mind that I will get my haircut from them.

Experience:

1st appearance was really good. Very clean, nice interior, well mannered stuffs. I got my haircut done and it was average. Not much difference compared to roadside barber shop and not justifies the amount I pay. As I was having hair fall issue due to my long hair, I enquired about anti hair fall treatment and they suggested a treatment with a biotique product. And a pricing of 1400/- for 6 seating (if I can remember it right). I started the treatment straightway the same day itself. During the treatment somebody informed that the price will be 1800 and not 1400. What the F. I fought a lot and finally managed to get 6 complementary haircuts and the treatment together @ 1800. Somehow they charge 200 for a haircut and the level of expertise no way justifies the exponentially high price. After 1.5 month the treatment result was nil or almost nil. They keep telling that you will get the result from the next treatment but u will always one step behind that treatment. I had a fight again and managed to get another extra seating for free. Still no result. Or I will say maximum 5-10% improvement, which I believe you will be able to achieve with a normal anti hair fall oil and have the energy to use it in periodical manner. And it will not cost you more than 200/-. After the fight they told me, you have to go for some other treatment (which is of coerce more expensive) to get rid of the hair fall. I was no way close to be convinced to get another more expensive service from them and said no. In addition you will feel that all the stylists (so called) are not of similar skill level. Most of the cases you will get a worse haircut in case of repetitive service.

I am yet to find out a good reasonable salon around Koramangala. Experience with YLG was much worse than expectation.

Write a Review on YLG Salon - Kodihalli - Bangalore