Internet Speed:

Connection Reliability:

chennai India
WI5 an alternative to LandLIne
Dec 24, 2010 09:45 PM 4413 Views
(Updated Jun 08, 2011 10:10 PM)

Internet Speed:

Connection Reliability:

I got this connection recently on 2.12.2010 and from the day one I haven't experienced any problem with the network, it  has been  consistently giving the promised speed.

After reading all the reviews listed in mouthshut I was really quite confused about whether going for it or not as there were contrasting comments about it.

SO I DECIDED TO GO FOR THE CHEAPEST OFFER OF 256 KBPS WITH 2GB USAGE (PRICED AT RECHARGE OF RS.275 WITH AN INITIAL INSTALLATION CHARGE OF RS.500/-- AS AN OFFER WHICH IS OTHERWISE  RS.1500)  AND ITS A PREPAID ONE  SO THERE CANT BE ANY FALSE BILLING ISSUES WHICH WAS A COMMON TROUBLE WITH MY PREVIOUS RELIANCE NET-CONNECT DATA CARD.

Then after contacting the  (ERODE) FRANCHISEE I came to know that they are not actually going to provide me with any wi-fi signal directly reaching my laptop, but would place a receiver on the terrace and the receiver would receIve the signal from their tower and the receiver would be CONNECTED TO MY LAPTOP  THROUGH A WIRE. (OF COURSE WE HAVE TO SACRIFICE THE FREEDOM OF MOBILITY OF OUR LAP WHILE CONNECTED FOR THE SAKE OF GOOD SIGNAL STRENGTH).

Thus I was quite contented about any signal strength problems as the receiver is being placed

on top. This made me opt for it as I was damn sure that there would be signal problems with other data cards and I cannot go for land line as I don't have any address proof for my residence, because I was staying in a rented room near by my college . In my experience till now I feel that they are doing a great job. (They even accepted to give me a connection in the name of my neighbor providing his address proof).

CONS:

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE NOT CARRIED AWAY BY WHAT THEY CLAIM AS A WI-fi CONNECTION. Till now(8.6.2011)  They are only providing wired connection with wireless receiver on your terrace, provided you have a good signal strength at you terrace.

== Never think about  the possibility of roaming, because even if you want to use from another place in your same street you need to have the same above mentioned setup shifted with a shifting cost of RS.500==

Regarding the plans they have both limited and unlimited plans and you can opt for any plan (plans vary with speed alone) by recharging for the respective one.

SO I AM UNAWARE OF THE QUALITY OF THEIR WI-FI (CONNECTION DIRECTLY FROM TOWER TO LAPTOP) SERVICE BUT THE WAY IAM CONNECTED ITS WORKING REALLY COOL DESPITE RESIDING AT PLACE 15 KMS AWAY FROM ERODE

Wi5 - Wireless Broadband