Internet Speed:

Connection Reliability:

Wi5 - not for the pros.
Dec 03, 2010 03:29 PM 4782 Views
(Updated Dec 03, 2010 03:29 PM)

Internet Speed:

Connection Reliability:

I would like to mention some facts about Wi5 so that people don't lose their money like me.

1) The connection speed claimed is a shared one (they will tell you after you purchase the same). My download speed was fluctuating between (20KBps - 55KBps) for 512Kbps speed plan.

2) The more the number of users, connection speed will be lowered. Irrespective of the plan you purchase.

3) You will have worst experience during Sundays when most users log into the internet. The connection is worst than a dial up service during these times.

4) If you want to use torrent forget Wi5. Since it is a shared network with a local network IP, torrent can't work properly.

5) Wi5 works in a franchise model. So the company is not interested to know what is happening inside the franchise and the experience is solely based on the type of franchise guy who is going to deal with you. You don’t get a professional service. Any complaint made about the franchise to the company will be forwarded to the franchise. So the franchise is not bother about your complaints.

6) The 24x7 customer care people have the most standard answer “Your problem will be quickly resolved”. But nothing happens. You don’t even get a complaint number. So I wonder how they track the complaints. Sometimes the 24x7 call center is closed. The mail to their office bounces.

7) Lastly I purchased the six month plan in advance for the free installation. Now I cannot return my connection. Though I was promised that I can return the connection if I am not satisfied. It is not possible after my month long following up. So your money is one way route to the company. Forget the money after paying.

8) I prefer a wired DSL (any network) over wireless Wi5 networks.

If you still want to purchase the Wi5 connection just take a one month plan and try it first, don’t pay in advance and lose your money. Don’t fall prey to the promises made by sales people.

Happy netting,