Phone Banking:

ATM Availability:

Internet Banking:

Cleveland United States of America
WaMu Credit Card Services SUCK!!!
Jan 08, 2008 05:49 AM 4680 Views

Phone Banking:

ATM Availability:

Internet Banking:

At the end of August I opened a credit card with WaMu to take advantage of 0% balance transfer offer. Between time card was opened and 1st payment in October I made a few purchases, but stayed under limit. I went online 3 days prior to due date to make online payment. Unfortunately I transposed my checking acct. # so the payment was ‘returned’. I received an email 2 days after due date telling me of ‘returned’ payment and called IMMEDIATELY to make an over the phone payment. KENZIE took my call had great difficulty correctly repeating my account # until she finally got it right.  She was an'English speaking operator', too.  Thought I was ‘good to go’.

The next week, I noticed my checking account hadn’t been debited the WaMu payment amount. The only thing I can figure is that ‘Kenzie’ apparently fd up entering my checking account info! I called IMMEDIATELY(upon noticing ’surplus’ in my checking account balance) and remade the payment. So now, the payment is posted 13 days after due date, after initial online attempt to pay 3 days prior.  And this is the first month of making a payment to them. Not a good way to start off. And oh yeah, the ‘late fee’ caused an ‘over credit limit fee’, but I was given a one time courtesy and the charges were credited.

No further charges made and sent November payment by check via Priority Mail with delivery confirmation just as a precaution. Payment cleared my bank account 5 days prior to November due date.

December 1st, I checked my WaMu account to see available credit. Had several hundred available. The next day I logged on again and it was showing$0 available credit! Made the phone call to find out'WTF?' and was told the account had been CLOSED due to ‘returned payments’-which were actually my typo’d checking account # and dips–t Kenzie’s error or lack of entering info!

Made December’s payment early and over minimum…

I have wasted countless hours of my time, and endured a great amount of stress calling trying to get account re-opened(I’m trying to re-establish credit history and don’t want this to affect credit rating!). Most of whom I’ve dealt with up to this point have been total incompetents. Finally got a'decent'('decent' meaning I have a direct number to contact her and she seems competent enough)supervisor, Cheryl, after 3 weeks of trying to find someone capable, who submitted ‘Exception to Credit Policy’(the 1st  2 supervisors who were supposed to, failed to submit request and left me hanging 3+ weeks waiting for result). Found out Friday that the ‘Compliance Department’ denied request because of ‘returned payments’. ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Received call from Cheryl(at 12:30pm) to let me know someone from the ‘Executive Offices’ will be returning my call today…6-1/2 hours later, still no call.   Now THAT'S a shocker!  Funnily enough, I thought about transferring WaMu balance to a Juniper card just to get rid of WaMu.  Decided to look into their reputation(based on posted customer reviews) and it appears as though they-WaMu & Juniper are cut from the same cloth.  Same BS right down to one of their customers waiting for a call from'Executive Offices'.  WHAT A FREAKING JOKE!

After reading the horror stories-unfortunately a few months too late- I question WHY I’d even want to be a customer of this institution. It’s purely ‘the principle of the thing’ I suppose. I’ve never dealt with an financial institution so unwilling to consider a ‘one-time mistake’ as just that, a simple mistake.

It boggles my mind.  Though not so much after what I've read today.

WaMu sucks major a$