Phone Banking:

ATM Availability:

Internet Banking:

Bad with mortages
Apr 24, 2004 11:05 AM 3796 Views
(Updated Apr 24, 2004 11:05 AM)

Phone Banking:

ATM Availability:

Internet Banking:

The purchaser of my condo used Washington Mutual as their lender. At 3pm the day before the loan was to close, the underwriter faxed the Uniform Condominium Project questionnaire to the management company of my complex.

I don?t understand why this was sent out at such a late date or why the form is necessary as all of the questions had already been answered in either the resale certificate or the appraisal. This last minute request for information not only held up my sale and purchase but also the sale and purchase of the people who I am buying from.

Next the appraiser said we needed to fix the items the inspector found, i.e. replace the stopper in the bathroom sink and remove the molding on the front door that makes the door air tight because the door is hard to close.

Since at this point we are nearly a week past closing we wanted to move the closing to the same office as the other affected sales are held to speed up the process, but were told by Washington Mutual that they would not accept a move of closing offices.

Three family?s lives were put on over a week because the underwriter didn?t think ahead. I was very surprised by how unprofessionally this transaction was handled considering Washington Mutual is one of the ten largest banks in the country.

I had an account with them as a kid but by the tiem I was 14 I knew better and closed the account. Use a credit union for good service and low fees.

Washington Mutual Bank