Phone Banking:

Dec 30, 2007 11:45 PM 2966 Views

Phone Banking:

ATM Availability:

Internet Banking:

Don't use this bank if you will ever need customer service(see other reviews! Believe me, You'll need it!). The customer service calls are answered all over the world, including Manilla Phillipines. In addition, they can't speak English. They can't even pronounce Washington Mutual, which was sad.

Once I was tired of repeating and respelling things over and over to many different people, I asked if they were in the US and they lied to me and said they were in the Seattle area. I asked them a very simple geography question about the Seattle area and they had no clue what the answer was. I was later told that they were instructed not to tell the customers that they were out of the country, but that rule has since changed.

I went into my branch to discuss this with someone and what I got was a haughty, indignant attitude from the manager, who loudly told me that outsourcing was now industry standard, and I would not find another bank that did things differently. I then listed at least 5 banks in the immediate area that are locally owned and calls were answered in our own city. He then tried to change the subject, "So, then what can I do for YOU?"

I called Corporate office and the nice lady that answered said that it was pretty unpopular with the customers, but that the call outsourcing was a corporate decision that she could not change. She said that the best thing to do would be to voice your opinion at the corporate level and possibly if enough people call or close their accounts, the "suits" might sit up and take notice.

I have been a customer for almost 20 years and I am going to a local bank. Do yourself a favor, THINK LOCAL.use a Credit Union, or a local bank, something other than this huge monstrosity of a company.

Washington Mutual Bank