Leg Room:

Enthusiast To Drive,Good To Be Chauffer Driven
Dec 18, 2014 09:51 PM 49421 Views

Leg Room:

Dealer Satisfaction:

Hii everyone, This is HIMANSHU PAWAR from Ahmednagar. I recently bought a Volkswagen Vento on 16 Jan 2014, Being an automobile engineer it was a great deal for me to choose a good car which fits in my budget and also with comfort and convenience.

I, firstly was having tata manza which was 3 years old till the time I bought VENTO. So the day I sold the tata manza and the search began for a new car. I went to many showrooms out here in my city, and I took test rides of various cars  and I felt the following pros and cons for those cars.

Firstly I had been to the skoda showroom to test ride the rapid so I felt following

Pros about rapid -:Excellent ride quality, good comfort, good stability at highway, good mileage, great built quality,

Cons about rapid-:After sales service was not good as my friend is having rapid so he told me this thing. The showroom here is like a small shop having a small car which hardly fits into it and the showroom here is like some false company working which opens and closes as per its wish.

Sometime in rush we are hardly able to find the showroom and the parts are also costly as compared to rest.so 3.5 stars for rapid.

HONDA CITY 1.5 diesel-:

Pros about city -:Good looks, good honda can be nowhere mistaken about it space, good mileage, sunroof is a good function but we hardly are able to get out of it, and good speed balance up to 140 km/hr but starts wobbling after that,

Cons about city-:The alloy wheels seems small according to me honda should have worked more on wheels. There is no proper insulation in cabin I mean there is lot of noise coming inside the cabin.For this honda should have given 6 gears.

Suspensions feel too bumpy at low speed. Built quality is not as good as the German rivals the rapid and the vento after sales service is also pathetic.

And plastic quality doesn't match the German rivals in short you can hardly compare the Japanese Honda with the Germans Vento and rapid in built quality interior quality, ride quality and power.so 4 stars for city.

HYUNDAI VERNA 1.6 sx-:

Pros about verna-:Great looks, refined engine, interior looks good, and many good features at a good price range, silent ride and good insulation.

cons of verna-:We get cup seats at rear so its bit hard to sit and get up from seat, ride quality in this is also bumpy along with suspension noise.

Window line is too high so we feel claustrophobic. Due to soft suspensions the car hits the ground in potholes or at speed breakers. Built quality is satisfactory as compared to Germans. So 3.5 stars for verna because design isn't everything.

VOLKSWAGEN VENTO 1.6 HIGHLINE-:

Pros about vento-: Descent looks typically a german, great plastic quality inside, leather upholstery feels premium and leather wrapped steering wheel and gear knob feels classy.

Excellent ride quality and high speed stability. Great built quality.

You suddenly get a surge of power whenever you just put your foot on the pedal, the steering feels absolutely light, the safety system which has immobilizer along with floating code is great.

Anti pinch windows are some of the very good features, ground clearance is more as compared to city or verna. The sound system is excellent as compared to others, good overall efficiency of over 18.5 to 19 kmpl.

Rear seat space and comfort is very good, which gives very comfy ride for long journeys, also has a under body cover which prevents the damage of under body parts from ground, overall its a very great package.

Where you feel enthusiast to drive the car and also you feel good to be chauffeur driven.

Cons about vento-: Volkswagen should have given 15" spare wheel but unfortunately it gave 14" wheel due to cost saving factor. The Volkswagen service here in Ahmednagar (JAIMALHAR VOLKSWAGEN) is not good the dealer himself is always doing big frauds in deals and never keeps his word.

So I took my car from Aurangabad where the service I got was excellent and after sales experience was also good. My car has done 15700 kms has completed its first servicing and still I faced no problem from it, so overall 4.5 stars for vento.

Volkswagen Vento