Leg Room:

Leg Room:

Dealer Satisfaction:

Just a brief report on my ownership after 90K kms on the ODO

Purchased in: Dec'2011

from: Ramani Cars, Madurai(Tamil Nadu)

Color: Candy White

Engine Spec: 1.6L TDI

This car has been one of the best cars Ive owned till date(Santro-Palio D- Swift D - Dzire D and now this & a Punto 90HP).

What I like most-

1) The power - the car is so torquey, it pulls up from any gear with ease. drive this car around any ghats and that's where the Swifts will be thrown out to crap. Turbo lag is not very prominent like in the other cars compared to the Verna, Swift, Sunny, etc.

2) Fuel Efficiency - My driving patterns 90% Highway - 10% City - the car returns on an average 17.5 - 18.5 kmpl, the worst I've got till date is 15 kmpl - only on one instance, the best I've got is 20.2 kmpl - only once. I think its pretty decent enough. I'm not a hard driver, but I downshift a lot to keep engine breaking optimum.

3). Steering Feel - a lot of people crib of the steering as it is a EPS, but somehow I like it this way, you dont get feedback on the steering, but then it does what you want it too without any fuss.

4). Build - German engineering they say & its very evident all over, its rock solid, even after 90K there are only a few creeking noises.(my Swift & dzire rattled a lot when they reached 70K and the service guys could never understand when I was asking them to fix it)

What I dont like-

1. Handling - though it is good enough for its standards, its still no match to the Ford Fiesta's handling

2. Altering the ICE - I tried altering the OE HU and the car electronics started going crazy, that's when I learned about CAN bus, etc. though Ive altered it now, hard to learn the hardway taking the car to the service center & my installer many times.

3. Comfort - its got space to fit you in cozy, but the seats aren't very comfortable and my car came with the fabric upholstery and they get dirty real quick, I had to do a seat cover just to cover up the dirt now.

4. Consumes Brakes & Tyres - Every 30K and this car eats away my brake pads and tyres( the good ones I put on it). Ive put the Michelin XM2, and its run 45K, but I just dont like the comfort and grip on them.

Regarding service, I stick to the intervals mentioned by VW and the Madurai service guys have always done a good job on my car, its top notch and I really like the way the service center works, it is really organized. Ive never seen any garage with a final inspection center, where they check whether all work mentioned is carried out - there is a bay just to check before the car is ready for delivery. I've never seen one in the Hyundai, Maruti / FIAT service centers.

Cost of service is on the higher side comparative to the others, I dont know how to judge them on that, I feel that as you go higher up the car grade scale, service costs also escalate.(as per my list of cars). it works to almost spending a Rupee more per km, compared to my Maruti's.

Plan to retain this car for another 30K kms, the first time I ever intend to keep a car this long, I only hope it gives me the same pleasure as my first 90K.

You've got to own this to feel it. It's the best I've had.

Volkswagen Vento Highline Diesel