19-B, Connaught Palace, New Delhi 110001, DL

Volga not far from Ganga
May 25, 2002 06:25 AM 3188 Views
(Updated May 25, 2002 06:27 AM)

The Volga at 18-B, Connaught Place is a very popular restaurant of New Delhi. Its popularity is due to its convenient location, ( you may call it a prime location ) the quality of food it serves, and last but not the least, its name itself. Volga is the name of a river.

I am attracted to Volga, because of the ice cream it serves. When I used to live in Bombay, Volga was my most favourite brand of ice cream, which was way ahead of its competitive brands. It is so even today in Delhi. I shall be unfair if I say that the food in Volga, does not attract me. Its decor, music, uniformed and efficient waiters, cutlery and linen, and car parking facilities also attract me. It is a very good place to have a romantic evening over a sumptuous dinner.

The Tandoori Chicken, Butter Chicken, Fried Chicken, Fried Fish and Fish and Chips are the unforgettable dishes. The Chicken Soup, Mushroom Soup and Vegetable Soup are very good here. Among the Chinese dishes, Chopsoy, Chowmien, Boneless Ginger Chicken, Fish Sweet and Sour, Fried Rice with Shrimp and Vegetable Fried Rice are very good. The cost of an average meal here would cost Rs.100/- to Rs.150/- depending on what and how much one takes. And of course, there is the delicious Volga ice cream.

The music is soft and sweet, and lighting is indirect and not harsh at all.

Whenever I have gone to Volga, I am reminded of the famous book titled 'From Volga to Ganga' by Rahul Sankrutayan. If I were the Head Chef in Volga, I would have planned and served some typical Russian and East European dishes. After all, for India's present geo-political situation, Volga has not been far from Ganga.

Write a Review on Volga Restaurant - Connaught Place - Delhi NCR