Network:

Charges and Billing:

Calls keep getting barred WITHOUT WARNING
We don't sit on fake reviews, we stamp them or flush them.
Jul 21, 2011 02:39 PM 2432 Views

Network:

Charges and Billing:

First let me explain the process when credit limit on a postpaid connection is reached(process for Vodafone)

1. An sms is sent when 80% of the credit limit is reached, saying pay xx amount.

2. An sms is sent when 90% of the credit limit is reached, saying pay xx amount.

3. An sms is sent when 100% of the credit limit is reached, saying pay xx amount. If the customer still doesn't pay up, calls are barred.

July 13, 2011 - My calls were suddenly barred saying that my credit limit has been exceeded. This was without any warning or any sms sent in advance. Absolutely unacceptable. Spoke to you customer ‘care’ executive and also to his supervisor. They apologized and said this won’t happen again.

July 21, 2011 – I receive an sms at 11am saying my credit limit has been exceeded. Within one hour my calls are barred. Absolutely unacceptable again. With the customer ‘care’ executive and supervisor - same story. They say the same things they are taught to say during their training programme without really bothering. Imagine the stupidity and audacity of the customer care executive when he said "Sir, we informed you before barring". What was the notice period given to me? 1 hour? As if I should run and pay the bill when out-of-the-blue I see that warning sms.

I have decided to take this seriously now. Next time my calls are barred without advance warning, I am going to throw my Vodafone SIM in the trash and go back to Airtel. Last six years I have used Airtel in Pune, Mumbai and Indore and my calls have never been randomly barred. This is the most irritating experience I have had with any Telecom service provider ever. Vodafone's ‘Happy to Help’ campaign is absolute hogwash.

One more interesting observation. After a call with customer care, an sms is usually sent asking if the call was helpful.(reply with yes or no). However, after this horrible experience with customer care, the sms was never sent and feedback was not taken. Same thing happened on July 13th too!. They have some really smart customer care guys who know how to bend the rules. Whenever they get a feeling that the call is not going well, they dont send a feedback sms!

Anyway, thank you Vodafone for wasting 2 hours of my productive time in office.

Another interesting fact - these customer care calls take a long time. They make you hold on forever(transferring to supervisor and all). They also charge you money for these customer care calls. So, when you are in trouble, they'll also make money out of that. In all, I had to speak with the customer care for more than 45 mins. Way to go Vodafone, make more money out of people's miseries!

This is my final chance for Vodafone. Next time my calls get barred ==without warning, ==I am going to throw this Vodafone SIM. Also, I am going to write about this all over the internet - Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Telecom forums, etc.

Harshil Adesara,

Fuming Vodafone Customer - Bangalore.

Vodafone Mobile Operator