Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

Vagamon- Amazing place for hangout
Mar 13, 2019 08:03 PM 1794 Views (via Android App)
(Updated Mar 13, 2019 08:06 PM)

Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

This place is located in Iduki district and the boarder of kottayam. Still untouched by commercialisation, the sleepy town is surrounded by valleys, green meadows, pine forests, mists, fogs, tea estates, waterfalls and overall greenery. The landscape is mostly hilly bald with green meadows. Vagamon is also home to a variety of flowers and orchids. Three hills - Thangal, Murugan and kurisumala.

I have visited vagamon in the last year may with my four friends. This is my first trip after the college. It was a great experience for me. We were started from Kakkanad. We used thodupuzha-pala road to reach there easily. It takes approximately 3 hrs to reach there. We already booked a resort in vagamon because we were planned a 2 day trip. Resort name is Falcon Crest which is booked through MakeMytrip. I Enjoyed the stay at Falcon Crest Resort with my friends. Polite staffs, room interior, ambience, balcony view, location of resort are awesome and mind-blowing. They also provide superb food and the price is not on the higher side with very good quality and quantity too. The only concern I found is we can not frequently go out and come into the resort very often as the resort is at very top with sharp steep and hair pins.

After the lunch we are planning to go uluppuni forest for jeep trekking. If we want, then Jeep will be arranged from resort. But we need to pay separately for this. We payed approximately 2000 for this offroad trip. Uluppuni journey will be a very good trekking experience and worth putting some efforts to see the majestic scenery. The route is completely in an off-road condition which can offer certain level of adventure also. After 5 hrs adventure trip we go back to the resort for dinner.

Next day we are planning visit pine forest. We reached there morning 9 am. The pine tree plantation offers a quite and cool atmosphere if you want to spent some time quietly. It is surprisingly calm even though it's crowded. A little bit dusty at times, but still worth it. Be there when the sun is up. It is a good place for spending time with friends.Has ample parking space, even if it is not free.There is a entrance fee of ₹; 10 per person.

From there we went for visiting mottakunnu. Motta Kunnu"in local language, "Motta"means Egg or Bald and "Kunnu"means hillock. Hence the name means bald / barren hills. These types of bald hills without trees are the unique feature of Vagamon. Anyway, it is a beautiful sight and is attracting a lot of crowd. Besides, these hills were portrayed in several movies. Grass covered hill background can give a good photo shoot.

Yes overall we all love this place so I want to visit here again again

Vagamon