Handy:

Usha

For minor needs - this one's enough!
May 26, 2015 10:18 PM 11938 Views

Handy:

I learnt a bit of stitching during my early college days - just so that I can mend my own clothes. We had the big bulky Singer machine at the time, which was nearly a cupboard in itself. After we sold it off, we decided to buy this one - Usha sewlite. The small nondescript sewing machine by Usha, which meets your basic stitching needs. And this is the best part - the small size - it can hide in any corner of your home.

This has a complete plastic body(I remember the minor shocks I used to get from our old metal body machine). It has a motor - works on power, has a small foot pedal. It offers some 6 different stitching patterns, but these are of limited use. It does not offer beading or inter-lock or anything fancy. If you need to have any such options, better opt for the heavier, bigger models.

This one is the simple and easy to use - light version. If you need something for your basic stitching needs, alteration, mending, straight stitch - then this one is for you. Don't try to stitch any heavy blankets or alter your denims on this kiddo, this one is not for heavy-duty stuff. Needs some time getting used to - it has to be threaded right. But otherwise, just fine. Stitches are definitely more durable than the stapler style sewing machine you can get these days. But if you are a professional who is deep into stitching-embroidery, this will offer you only limited options.

Usha Sew Lite Delux Automatic Sewing Machine