Accessibility:

Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

Being on a long holiday with family means a lot of time to explore the surrounding areas. So while visiting Kullu we had an opportunity to visit this folk art museum.

The name somehow interested me and I took my family along with me though they were reluctant to come. The word Uruswati means light of the morning star. When we entered there we had no idea that this place will have Russian flavor to it.

The hall is nicely decorated and you will find a lot of costumes related to Russian and local folk art. Apart from that there are original paintings from Roerich and his followers. The collection also includes traditional costumes of Kullu, Ladakh and nearby areas.

Also there are beautiful paintings of Hindu gods and goddess. This place is good if you are an explorer and like to explore the folk art of this area. The best time to visit this place is from March to June when the weather is typically cool then rest of the country.

Uruswati Himalayan Folk Art Museum - Kullu