Help Functionality:

Reliabiity & Satisfaction:

Good, but third party applications is a problem
Jan 28, 2010 11:45 PM 2982 Views

Help Functionality:

Reliabiity & Satisfaction:

I was introduced to linux when my first company started focusing attention on use of open source software. At that time I was using Centos 5, but when I decided to install linux on my home computer, I chose ununtu because while searching on the internet I read that ubuntu can easily be made dual bootable with windows. I like the idea immediately because I was not willing to risk everything by wiping out windows completely from my computer.

during installation when I was partitioning the drive, the installation hanged and I thought that I lost everything, but when I retried, everything worked out fine, my windows os and data inside it was not lost at all. dual booting has helped me because now I don't worry about losing data, I have important data saved on both ubuntu and windows, so if anyone crashes, I will always have a backup. I am also benefiting skills wise because now I am learning shell scripting.

i keep switching between ununtu and windows depending on the task. for example if I need to copy data to pendrive, or cd/dvd to hard disk, I use ununtu because it copies faster than windows.

the best thing about ubuntu was that the hardy henon os was delivered to me by courier completely free of cost. can you ever imagine windows doing that? my only wish is that third-party applications companies should create linux-compatible products so that dependence on windows can be reduced.

Ubuntu Linux