Help Functionality:

Reliabiity & Satisfaction:

Ubuntu - A real Operating System!
Apr 03, 2008 09:31 PM 2561 Views

Help Functionality:

Reliabiity & Satisfaction:

It was the logo of people joining hands that catches the eye first.  As an after-thought, better than the Hats and animals around!  The next thing that caught my eye is boot from CD option. I burnt an iso image of Ubuntu on my cd and popped it in my CD drive.  Started the system - the wunderful Ubuntu Linux environment popped up on screen after necessary resources were uploded to memory.  It had most of the reqired untilities for basic system fuctions.

I was impressed and gave it 4 GB space on my Hard disk and did a complete installation of the same.  There it ran along with my windows XP. It detected all off my USB components plugged in.  The look and feel, I need not mention to anyone - reminded me of the mac os.  It looked and felt exquisite.

In the end I logged off with a good feeling. First time afer trying out a lot of Linus OS's at home.  Anyways I was back and feeling right at home with my Windows XP.  You see it takes time to get used to the ways of another operating system!  I would rate Unbuntu as tops in Linux.  Something that comes free and offers such powerful computing is worth a review for sure! Cheers.

Ubuntu Linux