128 Tips

My golden collection
Aug 10, 2001 03:12 PM 16147 Views

No particular order of preference just random thoughts:

1. Chaandni raatein - I have only heard the cover version, but its sung beautifully really soulful dil ki dhadkane tujhe pukare.aaja baalam aayi baharein, baithke tanhai mein karle sukh dukh ki do baatein.is my fave verse.

2. Mere pyar ki umar ho itni sanam(Waaris) I didn't really like the picturisation, but the song has great lyrics, hazir hain jaan jaaneman jaan ki kasam.great na?

3. Pal pal dil ke paas ­ picturised on the beautiful Rakhee, with her lovely eyes .this song is really romantic with a lilting melody and, again really sweet lyrics. deewano ki yeh baatein deewane jaante hain, jalne mein kya maza hai parwane jaante hain.makes you wish someone would write like this to you.

4. Ae jaate hue lamhon(Border) & Sandese aate hain. ­The first because it brings back memories, and the second because it brings a tear.

5. Yeh kahan aagaye hum(Silsila) ­ Classic combination of Amitabh's baritone and Lata's voice. this song transports you onto another plane. My favourite lines are.tera pyaar chaandni hai, mera dil hai jaise aangan

6. Songs by Bhupinder ­ Dil dhoondta hai, Ek akela is shaher mein, zindagi tu mera saath dena, kabhi kisi ko mukkamal jahan nahin milta, what can I say about all these songs?  I've gifted so many people the Hits of Bhupinder; coz I absolutely fell in love with the compilation.and its nice to share that. The songs are slow, sad, soulful, everything, and they are just right when you feel low and need some peace of mind and relaxation.

Ek akela is shaher mein has lines like in sooni andheri aankhon mein aansoon ki jagah uthta hai dhua, ;

kabhi kisiko mukammal jahan nahin milta hai is one of the most true songs that can be.nobody ever gets everything, ;kahin zameen to kahin aasmaan nahin milta .zuban mili hai magar humzubaan nahin milta;.

1. Hum dil de chuke sanam(Title song) ­a difficult song to sing but beautifully rendered, by both the singers, though most of the songs in the movie were good, this one particularly stole my heart, soft, slow, says it all, without saying too much.us khuda ke baad to pooja hogi bas teri.

2. Tujhe dekha to yeh jaana sanam(DDLJ) ­ favourite movie, favourite song .ultimate love song.pyar se hai badi kya kasam.sach hai na?

3. Who bhooli daastan . a switch from all the lovey dovey romantic numbers this is more about lost love and lost times it has long stanzas and its actually haunting. I have really tried hard to memorise the lines but its really difficult its got lines like:

fakt ek yaad hai baaki

bas ek fariyaad hai baaki

woh khushiyaan lut gayi lekin

dil-e-barbad hai baaki,

kahan thi ziindagi meri kahan par aa gayi

1. Lag ja gale ke fir yeh haseen raat ho na ho - my god this song has amazing words .about losing your love, about meeting him/her for the last time. It cannot fail to bring a tear .fir aapke naseeb mein yeh baat ho na ho .

2. Chitthi na koi sandesh .lost loves, lost people, lost relationships, makes you want to bring people and relationships back to life . tumhein dhoond  raha hai pyaar, hum kaise karein ikraar, ke haan tum chale gaye.

3. Zulmi sang aankh ladi ­- very playful song, gives you that feeling of the first flush of love, the teasing of friends, the fast beating of the heart, and the carefree feeling. Mera paagalpana to koi dekhe pukaroon mein chanda ko saajan ke naam se, lage din chota raat badi . haven't we all had that feeling sometime?

4. Kabhi Kabhi most of the songs of these two movies. kabhi kabhi and silsila were a collector's item but the title track .is it a song of love  or love lost? With amitabh's baritone introducing the song  I don't really understand all the shayri he uses, but I can feel it.

5. Kya yahi pyaar hai   simple and sweet thats how I would describe this song. Kaise bhoolungi, tu yaad hamesha aayega tere jaane se jeena mushkil ho jayega . these lines always make me feel, well, nostalgic.

6. Tere bina zindagi se koi shikva to nahin - This song says it all .without one's love, life goes on, it doesn't stop for anybody or anything, but a part of you gets left behind, and things are just not the same .there's a difference between living and existing . tere bina zindagi bhi lekin zindagi to nahin . how true. This song invariably makes me stop channel surfing.

16a. Jhuki jhuki si nazar  - such a soft number, making one look deep inside to search for one true feelings, to ask ourselves .ki pyaar hai ki nahin.

16b. Tum itna jo muskura rahe ho ­ I think this song is probably there on most people's lists but don't we all do that hide our tears behind our laughter? Our pain behind our smile? Very simple song but very true and applies to us all at some point or the other. I love the part which says that fate is but a game of the lines on our hands . and we just lose and bow down before these lines . rekhaon ka khel hai mukkadar rekhaon se maat kha rahe ho

17a. The songs of Saath Saath -­ Pyaar mujhse jo kiya ­amazing lines, amazing play of words. It reflects the singer's love, and his hesitation to receive the other's love for fear that he may not be able to live upto or is not worthy of the other.

17b. Tumko deka to yeh khayal aaya -­ This song again, same movie, very simple song, but shows the love the singer has and his hesitataions and how he is holding back . aaj phir dil ne ek tamanna ki aaj phir dil ko humne samjhaya.

1. Tu, tu hai wohi(Ye Waada Raha)  - This song has been sung extremely well(I think its Lata) it moves slowly, and has great music. The clapping in between really adds to the song. Mein aawaaz hoon to tu hai geet mera - the beauty of love the promise of love.

2. Mere maajhi ­- A very very old song .and I don't know who sung it but it is a timeless classic. No music that rocks, no unnecessary beats, no troupe of dancers in skimpy clothes, nothing, just the words, and the feelings - gun to na tha koi bhi, avgun mere bhula dena and then the best lines - mein bandini piya ki, mein sangini hoon saajan ki.

3. Finally. ae maalik tere bande hum -  a total switch from all the other romantic, lovey dovey or sad songs this is a prayer, more than a prayer it's a surrender to the supreme power, its all in his hands, and we can only pray that he doesn't let us do anything wrong, that we don't  stray, that we go from this world laughing, without a regret - woh burai kare hum bhalai kare nahin badle ki ho bhavna.

I have probably rambled on a bit too much, and on retrospect it seems that all my favourite songs are the ones that make me cry strange isn't it? I am also sure I have missed out on quite a few songs. But I also know that now I want all these songs together as one collection as MY FAVOURITE SONGS.