Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

Tsunami Islands: A MUST visit place!
Apr 30, 2015 09:31 AM 7732 Views

Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

Tsunami Islands- Devbagh, District Sindhudurg, Maharashtra

I have written a review on Tarkarli already, in which I didn’t mention any Islands. However during the same trip we had a short boating session which brought us to a very secluded Island on the delta of the river which meets Arabian Sea over there.

On that ocean, a gentleman had a joint made of coconut stem and coconut branches as roof to sit in soft sand and relax. At almost a hundred meters from any sea coast, we could see the shores of Tarkarli and Nivti-Bhogve as well. There was good reception to everyone’s phone there. The boating session in the late evening where the light of setting sun shone upon the tides, that one memory is unforgettable in my mind. The gentleman did provide Kokam Sharbat and Tender Coconuts at low price than Mumbai standards. As Konkan area produces the excellent coconuts and Kokams, the taste was brilliant as well.

I don’t know how to get there. If you google directions for Devbaugh you can easily reach Devbaugh by trains or buses. Check out wiki page of Tarkarli for trusted and verified information. You can ask your manager for Tsunami Islands and he will direct you to boating ferries to those Islands. A must have experience, especially for Indians with inferiority complex about the beaches and quality of sea water in India.

Tsunami Island - Devbagh