Reliabilty:

On-board facilty:

Hyderabad India
Rayalseema/Haripriya Exp - Bad Condition
Feb 16, 2004 03:08 PM 5285 Views
(Updated Feb 17, 2004 03:19 PM)

Reliabilty:

Frequency:

On-board facilty:

Train journey- few people enjoy this while others hate to travel by indian railways. The reason could be many, but then the few that I figure out are,

1. Runs behind schedule

2. Maintanence of the train is very poor

3. Pantry quality very bad

4. Staff not very cordial (''some are very good & helpful'')

But then what put me off the most in train journey are the condition of the compartments (bogies). I would specifically mention about Rayalseema/Haripriya Exp. This train has about 4/6 compartments to Kolhapur. The conditions of these bogies are very bad. You will find cracks and holesat almost every place on these bogies. I have been travelling on this route from the past 4 yrs and there has been no respite on this front. Most of the passengers feel very unsafe and unsecured while travelling on this train.

Secondly the pantry service on this train is pathetic. Very cold and tasteless foods are served. Many times during my travel, I have heard the attendants crying foul about the food not being sold. But then how can you expect people to buy such low quality food.

Lastly this train runs in schedule when the trip is from Hyderabad to Kolhapur/Tirupati. But while coming back I have never reached Hyderabad on time. The train is always late, may be by 45 mins, 1 hr or even 2 hrs..:(..

I generally travel on this train, because I have no other choice. Bus journey is very hectic, hence I take this mode of transport. The concerned authorities of Indian Railways talk big about security when there is any kind of accident, but then what are the measures being taken? How can a passenger rely on the false promises made by these beauracrats.

I would be grateful if somebody influential out there reading this article could do something for the passengers travelling by this train. I have been helpless on this front, because the complaints that I have registered has been in vain. It would take the Indian Railways another 50 yrs to come anywhere close to today's standards set by Europe and America, but then after 50 yrs what would be their(Europe/America) standards... keep wondering

Tirupati Express