Horrible Experience
Apr 27, 2009 12:08 PM 1905 Views

First thing's first, I am yet to travel. I felt the need to write this review as the experience till date has been excruciating. Appearently they have a better product vis-a-vis competition which is nothing but pure marketing hoopla.

1. I asked booking for a particular departure date and confirmed again and again if they would be able to take me on it. They said yes and I even mentioned this departure date on the booking form. I even paid the advance which was like 40% of the tour cost. I even went ahead and applied for leave which was approved after much consternation by my boss. Two days after having paid the money they come back and tell me that the particular departure is full and that they would be able to accomodate us only at a date which was one week after the date which was promised earlier.

All my salaried friends can imangine what a request for postponepent of leave could sometimes do to a career, especially for somebody whose job entails a lot of international travel.

1. Now, I was supposed to travel on official work so I requested them to process my Schengen visa earlier. They simply refused to do so. Now, I have to cancel my official trip.

2. Their entire attitude is reminiscent of people in Government companies. There are no resposnes to emails. They go to great length in avoiding phone calls and never return your calls or your requests made through emails.

3. They are priced around 20% higher(if we get competition on the same benchmark which is an all inclusive tour with all meals, visas, taxes and sightseeing) but, I don't see how the above could justify their pricing.

I am thinking of cancelling my holiday and bear the burnt of cancellation fee which is quiet high. If anyone has taken this particular tour and has anything positive to say about it please let me know so that I may change my mind.

Write a Review on Thomascook.in