Ghaziabad, India India
Thomas Cook- What went WRONG, What went GOOD
Apr 28, 2017 07:31 PM 4067 Views
(Updated Apr 29, 2017 07:12 PM)

We booked 5 days 4 night package for Pattaya and Bangkok with Thomas Cook.

So here is the genuine feedback of what we experienced.

I know the post is too long, but  my feedback will help many of u. And I don't want any one to face what problems we faced.

WHAT WENT WRONG

Our pre tour experience was very bad with Thomas cook.  Operations staff hardly communicate with us. As it was our first trip abroad, so we had no experience of visa, forex etc. But Thomas Cook operations staff lady, she literally forced us to cry. She send us wrong information about forex. Despite of calling again and again, she hardly picked up or call. We were given hotel information only two days before our departure.

Despite of asking many times, we were not given any contact number of the concerned person in Thailand and this creates havoc.

Now comes the day to take off. We had a flight from Delhi to Kualalumpur. Then a connecting flight from Kualalumpur to Bangkok. When we reached Bangkok airport, we came to know that our baggages are lost by Malindo airlines. After 1 hr, they told us that our baggages are left at Kualalumpur airport. and they will try to deliver them by mid night at our hotel.

So we had no option. Then we came to know that there was nobody to pick us. My husband and me were searching everywhere for someone from Thomas cook. We didn't know from which gate to exit. We also called Thomas cook Mumbai office, but as usual, operations staff didn't picked up our call. We were feeling like lost in a new country. After repeated attempts and emails and phone calls, after 2.5 hrs, a person came to pick us. And we reached our hotel in Pattaya at 16:45 evening, all tired, hungry and frustrated. We got our baggages at 00.30 midnight.

WHAT WENT GOOD

We reached hotel at 16:45 and out tour started at 17:00 same day.

Once our tour started, we really enjoyed a lot. Our Thomas cook tour manager, Mr RAVINDRA CHAURE and Local tour manager Mr MU, both were wonderful people. They managed everything very well, timelines, food, conveyance etc etc. Apart from all management, they were always smiling, well behaved, cooperative and patient but in discipline. They took care of everything very well. Food provided was wonderful with lots of variety and taste. It included north indian food, south indian food, Jain food, friuts, salad, non veg etc. We never felt that we are in alien country.

As it was our group tour of 29 people, all fellow travelers were very nice and cooperative.

WHAT WAS AGAIN NOT WELL

Our package was of 5 days and 4 nights. But our actual tour was of 4 days and 4 nights. and out of 4 days, first half day went in searching at Bangkok airport. While other passengers got full 5 days in the same package. So we felt cheated by Thomas Cook.

One more thing  I want to mention. During tour booking, we asked Thomas cook to book direct flight to Bangkok but for that they asked more money from us. So we took connecting flight to Bangkok via Kualalumpur. But few fellow travelers in our group came by direct flight in the same booking amount.

Next thing, we ask Thomas cook to get our visa in Delhi only, but they refused. But again fellow passengers told that they had came with visa from Delhi only.

So this is all we went through, some bad some good experiences.

Again thanks to our tour managers MR RAVINDRA CHAURE and MR MU for being so cooperative and patient with all of us.

Write a Review on Thomascook.in