Noida/Greater Noida India
Fraud by thelotter.com selling lotteries online
Apr 21, 2015 02:40 PM 10284 Views

Part -I

I have had a bitter experience with this company called "thelotter.com"   from where I used to buy lottery tickets. They have a scheme called " refer a friend and get a bonus credited to your account". Once I wrote to them and specifically sought clarification that I could refer relatives ( my wife) from the same house hold and be entitled for the bonus provided the referred person does not use the same IP address as the referrer.

After I referred my wife and she registered through my invite and she started playing from a different web address. However they did not give me  the promised bonus of $25 and later brought a new rule saying persons within the same household cannot be referred under. So I left it at that.

Recently, I referred another male person of Bengaluru and the lotter.com confirmed that he registered on this April 14, 2015 and had started to buy tickets from them and that would be paid the bonus of $25 by the automated system within 72 hours (though in their FAQ it is clearly mentioned that bonus will be credited with 24 hours) Still I had waited for the 72 hours. As I write this,  the bonus has not been credited to my account, Now they write saying that they are investigating into this matter. What is there to investigate? Earlier in my wife's case also they wrote in the same way and I never got the bonus because they changed the rule. Now to what mischief they are up to, only time will tell.

In my next part I will narrate more details and more of my experience. Can outside people claim the prize if they won. I will write about it in my next part.  I have documentary evidence for all my statements.

I have copies of all the mails I wrote to them and the replies received.

V. Krishnan