News Coverage:

Apr 27, 2009 09:07 AM 4647 Views

News Coverage:

Editorial Content:

Layout and Design:

This DVD title “WHO THE HELL THOUHT OF THIS IDEA CALLED MARRIAGE” created quiet a stir. The stores always had a “sold away” sign for this particular title. The curiosity was immense because of the brilliant marketing strategies by the “Times of India” group. The print media replayed the advertisement every couple of days with a write up of how you can save your marriage. The title surely would create a stir because of the number of cases lined up in front of the court room today claiming “DIVORCE”.My friend had picked up a copy to “save his marriage from hitting rock bottom” and over our weekend beers the topic of “clever marketing” was our topic of discussion. My friend came out with the strategy the “Times Group” had opted for the kind of marketing and which created a stir in stores and “Indyatimes.com” for a copy of this DVD. So then being in the media fraternity myself my curiosity build three fold. I went from store to store trying to get hold of a copy but in vain. Finally I had to turn to my friend for his copy. I then came back to my office played the same on my laptop. The first was gripping as in “wow” this is going the somewhere. Then it became preachy and abruptly ended. The video is only about 45 minutes and does not detail into the highlighted points. I was totally taken aback as to how could this video save any one’s marriage. The content in the video was like an advertisement towards the Dr. and his practice and also since it ended abruptly it could have meant “now if you are looking at going further and saving your marriage then come and see me”. The video has two couples one who has finished four years of marriage and headed for splitsville and another who has been through the same and come out successfully. The way the characters deal with the subject is with out any passion and very juvenile. For sure I learnt on aspect for sure ie the types of love and their names in “Sanskrit” I would not recommend this Title to any one who is on the verge of their marriage. However if you are looking at saving your marriage for sure see the counselor in the video that would help.

The Times Of India