Plot:

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

There are not many occasions when I feel as thrilled, as excited as watching The Matrix! Oh man! Whenever I hear this name, my adrenalin starts pumping up; my thoughts create an ambience with a baritone voice calling to me- Welcome to the Matrix! Whenever the movie is aired, my world comes to a standstill. I sit glued in front of the TV set, totally transfixed. The whole enigma of the movie is such that it can make any movie-buff go crazy. I don’t remember how many times I watched this flick, but yes, whenever I watch it, my mom gets very agitation & I have felt the effects of those tremors very closely!!

The movie is all about a clash between two different worlds in the near future. Computer hacker Thomas Anderson (Neo) has lived a relatively ordinary life--in what he thinks is the year 1999--until he is contacted by the enigmatic Morpheus who leads him into the real world. In reality, it is 200 years later, and the world has been laid waste and taken over by advanced artificial intelligence machines. The computers have created a false version of 20th-century life--the "Matrix"--to keep the human slaves satisfied, while the AI machines draw power from the humans. Anderson, pursued constantly by "Agents" (computers who take on human form and infiltrate the Matrix), is hailed as "The One" who will lead the humans to overthrow the machines and reclaim the Earth. He joins like-minded Rebel warriors Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) and Trinity (Carrie Ann Moss) in their struggle to overthrow the Matrix.

In their quest, the trio comes across lots of difficult circumstances when they are surrounded by the “Agents”. They have to make their way by fighting and trying to defeat those Agents. These fighting sequences are simply mind-blowing! The Wachowski brothers have left no stone unturned to make sure that the audience is served an absolute masterpiece which they can relish forever. Especially the scene of Neo dodging the bullets coming out of the Agent’s Barrel.

Thus, finally, I want to add that there have been some really great pieces of motion pictures present in Hollywood or elsewhere, but few could match the class of The Matrix. Its plot, cinematography & visual sequences stand class apart and make it a piece to be revered forever.

The Matrix Movie