Plot:

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

Who can forget this movie? If STAR WARS revolutionised the movie industry in the 70's this movie also has its share, I'd argue. One object covered by cameras 360 degrees around it, extreme usage of graphics, hacking into the Matrix, mental(controlling the body) fights, Neo dodging the bullets in MATRIX can surely not be forgotten by any Sci-Fi movie lover.

The movie opens with a woman operating a PC interrupted by cops to be arrested. She heroically escapes and taps into a phone while the agents(villains) say their next target is Neo. A man who is a hacker by hobby suddenly is informed by another hacker to follow the white rabbit. Then they meet following which Neo is arrested by cops assisted by agents who demand Neo to reveal Morpheus, a leader of a secret organisation. Upon refusal, Neo is bugged. How he's bugged - you should be knowing already.

Smith: "You're going to help us Mr Andeson, whether you want to or not! "

Somehow, Neo meets Morpheus who gives him a choice - to *follow *the white rabbit or to *return *to his original life. Neo chooses the former and realises the truth that the whole world is being captured and deceived by AI since 1999. Morpheus strongly believes that Neo is the Messiah, the savior or the'expected one'. I like the dialogue Morpheus says, "Welcome to the Real world". Carrie Ann Fischer(trinity) too does a great job as an actress. Matrix of course has an interesting plot. But one thing that many haven't noticed is . . . . . its resemblance with the Bible.

To all of you out there who think `The Matrix' is not so ever related totheBible or perhaps they're just the same characters, let me tell yousomething. This movie relates in so many ways that it's just insane. Idon'tknow them all, but I know that there is a whole lot more out there thanallthat I will say, and I hope you'll try to realize that it actually isrelating and try and find more parallels between these two. First I think Neo. But I will agree that he doesn't fully all the way portrayJesus. For one, Jesus didn't grow up and have to believe that He was theone, the Savior, He always knew, unlike Neo who had to believe it inhimselfto actually become the one. As well as Cypher, portraying Judas, in thewaythat they both betrayed the one that they followed. Morpheus too, as mostpeople know, represented John the Baptist; the agents represented demonsinthe way that they're both not humans but can take on human form; thematrixis the world in which we live in today; the `real world' is like thetruththat Jesus and His disciples were sharing with the world; and the peoplewhowere born in the `real world' are sort of like Jesus' disciples.

Although, the characters not only represent and symbolize the Bible, thereare many more parallels through them. One I found would be when you havethechoice to either take the red pill or the blue pill, in which you caneithertake the blue pill( know the truth and suffer) or the red pill( knowthetruth and be saved). That just totally symbolizes on how in Christianityweare given the truth to know, but we have a choice, a choice to eitheracceptthe truth or not believe it and live a false life full of lies. I likethequote that Neo gives at the end of the movie: `I'm going to show them aworld without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders orboundaries, a world where anything is possible. Where we go from there isachoice I leave to you.' That totally ties into the Christianity faith. Weindeed are given a choice, the choice to follow a life of truth, orfollowthe false life we are already living.Carbon Copy from Christianity.

All in all, as a movie it's spectacular. It was sth new in those days(year 1999) - many said this would be the trendsetter for many movies to come.and they weren't wrong! The unique greenish print of the movie stands out being the mark of this flick. But the next installment, Matrix Reloaded was very unimpressive with too much emphasis on Graphics and Chinese style action with lack of good plot / acting. The last part . . . . Matrix Revolutions has been based on complete Hinduism *concepts - *Karma, *Dharma *and so on(maybe there were a lot of Indians in the production team). Again carbon copy from Hinduism. Another example of a series of movies that failed to continue the way it started strong!

MATRIX I .Definitely a trendsetter!

The Matrix Movie