Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

The best cure for your hangover
Jul 27, 2009 02:49 PM 1795 Views

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

My intrigue for this movie was roused when a friend messaged me recommending me to watch this on account of being a smart movie. I trust my friend and her tastes and judgement. Which was further confirmed when she said that she would watch one full episode of 'Rakhi Ka Svayamvar' if I didnt like the movie.

Having watched that show for a few minutes myself, I know that I wouldnt want to subject even my enemy to it. coming back to the point, I knew my friend was really putting her opinion on the line there.

Now I dont want to go through the plot here. Other reviews will do that. What I want is to give you reasons for watching the movie - thats why you are reading this, arent you?

As my friend said, this is a smart movie. It is hilarious from the beginning right through till the end of the titles (don't understand how titles can be funny?? I told ya - its a smart movie!!)

So, with the name referring to alcohol and the movie set in Vegas, can drugs, sex and profanity be far behind?? But rather than going down the American Pie way, this movie tends to use them for situational humour. This kind of humour is derived from characters and their improbable situations. This is a difficult thing to do esp when sex and bathroom jokes can be readily used for creating laughs, giggles and groans in the audience. Bringing in Mike Tyson and his tiger, a stripper and her baby and some gangsters together just seems implausible when you think of it. The script writer and director have achieved the impossible and to a very good effect.Some of the loose ends could have been tied up better though.

The cast is not with known names and they have fit the roles to perfection. The nuances and eccentricities of each character just blend in with the plot. To those who have seen Knocked Up, the characters and theme will seem vaguely familiar. Nonetheless, this movie brings a certain freshness to the whole drunken episode thing Catch some like minded friends and watch this at home or in the theatres.

Write a Review on The Hangover Movie