Originality:

Romance Incorporated
Jan 31, 2004 06:03 AM 36288 Views
(Updated Jan 31, 2004 09:43 AM)

Originality:

A typical evening on a working day: When I get back home exhausted after a day's grubwork, I switch on my music system, shove in Adnan Sami's ''Tera Chehra'' and lay down on my couch with a pint of lager. For the next 60 minutes, I'm fixed to Tera Chehra and my pint. Then I get going with my other less significant tasks of the evening.

A handful of music albums exist that can be itemized as complete. As of now I can think of Lucky Ali's ''Sunoh'', Adnan Sami's ''Tera Chehra'' and Mandakini's ''No Vacancy'' (Sarcasm incorporated for the third one). This Pakistani born, UK raised bloke is a genius when it comes to soulful music. Be it composing, singing or playing keyboards (and a wide range of other instruments), Sami rocks (Well not much compared to the genius Mandakini).

I regret to tell you, I missed his concert in Manchester last year due to unavoidable work pressure (Grrrr.. and sob sob sob). Anyways.. back to Tera Chehra'' and Mandakini. Unlike the ''No Vacancy'' Mandakini, Sami is only limited to playing musical instruments. He plays a wide range of musical instruments such as Keyboards, piano, guitar, sarod and god knows what all (are you listening.... Mandakini).

Tera Chehra boasts of 9 euphonic numbers.

1. Tera Chehra (unplugged version) - The highlight of this song is some excellent piano and absolutely incredible soulful singing by Sami. I would advice you to switch off your lights while you listen to this song (candle light would add to the ambience). If you are planning on spending some romantic moments with your lass or lad, you should egg on with this song. It surely will mobilize your moments. I'll save this song for my encounter with Mandakini.

2. Tera Chehra- This number is paced faster than the unplugged version. Sami incorporates various instruments such as the tabla, piano, guitar, violins, sitar, etc. This number boasts of a great video featuring Rani Mukherjee (I wonder why Sami didn't think of featuring Mandakini in any of his videos). Anyways...

Catch Line: '' Tu Ijaazat De agar,

Tujhse thoda pyar mein kar loon

Jaane Jaan ''

3. Sanson Mein- A very peppy number, Sanson Mein oozes romance. Adnan's voice is a treat to hear in this song. He's used flute, drums and a bit of noticeable voice modulation in this song. A very pleasant listen.

Catch Line: ''Poochti ho sabse tum yahan wahan,

Poochlo tum mujhse jaane jahan,

Seeshe mein dekhle chehra tera,

tere chehre pe likha hai mera''

4. Kabhi Nahin- WOW! This song features the Big B (the real Big B..not his fake..Sudesh Boshle). A fun song. It was so good to hear Big B singing with Sami. It kinda reminds me of the number, ''Lift Karade''. Although, I haven't watched the video, Im sure it will be worth a go.

Catch Line: ''Kabhi Biwi ko Ghumaaya hai..Kabhi Nahin

Kabhi Biwi se chupaya hai ..Kabhi Nahin

Kabhi Biwi ko Rulaaya hai .. arre!

Kabhi Biwi ne Nikaala hai .. kya bol raha hai yaar..

Kabhi Biwi ne peeta hai .. Kya kar raha hai yaar!

Kabhi Jhoot maine bola hai .. Kabhi Nahiiiiiin!''

Absolutely Hilarious!!!

5. Meri Yaad- A very soft and a romantic number. The ambience of this song is such a contrast to ''Kabhi Nahin'' and ''Sanson Mein''. Again Sami makes wonderful use of piano in this number.

Catch Line: ''Chandni Raat mein

Neend mein Khwabon mein

Jaane jaa.. meri Yaad rakhna''

6. Tere Bina- Another song that oozes romance. Remember Mahima Chaudhary with a bunch of roses in the video. Absolutely adorable song. Sami, very effectively makes use of saxophone in this number. A great number to listen to in the snowing winter here. I only wish my girl got me a bunch of those roses (I wouldn't mind if Mandakini surprised me). Anyways....

Catch Line: ''Seeli Seeli pyaasi raina

Aankhen bhiga de naina''

7. Nain Se Nain- A classical raaga based song with some amazing beats. Adnan just continues to flaunt his versatile talent. Although, this song is wonderful, I didn't like the video. Firstly, 'coz it features Raveena (I prefer Mandakini to Raveena) and secondly, it has this Starwars ambience to it.

Catch Line: ''Har dhadkan gaane lagi hai

banke nasha chaane lagi hai..

Dheere Dheere Baahon mein... aa bhi jaa''

Love the way Sami saya ''aa bhi jaa''.

8. Roothey hue ho kyon- Another contrast to the rest of the songs. This song has a melancholic and a gloomy feeling to it. Would advice you this number if your romantic moments with the unplugged version failed. Hmmm... Mandakini.

Catch Line: ''Roothe hue ho kyon

milke juda ho kyon

kuch kaho kuch suno..

aise baithe ho kyon''

9. Teri Bahon Mein- This is a song for the monsoon. It has a very nostalgic feeling to it. This song is a personal favorite of Mandakini (when she remembers her Robinhood....oops.. Dawood).

Catch Line: ''Teri Baahon mein

jo guzri ... bheegi raat sanam''

An ovation to Adnan Sami to come up with a great melodious album. All the songs are a treat to listen. I wish to catch up with his concert soon, if time permits. Till then I will stick to my pint of lager, this cd and Mandakini.

Anyways....

Tera Chera Rocks....

PS: I hope you enjoy the read. And will look for your comments and ratings.

Cheers.