Originality:

in the middle of nowhere India
The Big ''A'' has arrived!!
May 31, 2003 11:17 PM 35682 Views
(Updated Jun 01, 2003 05:15 PM)

Originality:

For all u people who love to get drenched in some really warm and mushy kind of music..presenting Adnan sami's brand new album ''Tera Chehra''.Adnan sami is no Jack-'o-lantern or run-of-the-mill celebrity.Adjudged as the fastest keyboard player in the whole world this prodigy is also an accomplished concert pianist,a specialist in all genres of music ranging from indian classical to jazz, rock, pop, semi-classical notes..phew!u name it...he's got absolute funda!Well..and thats a little peep into his genius.

After the smash succes of ''kabhie tho nazar milao'' adnan makes an effort to recreate the magic with ''Tera Chehra'' and needless to say..the magic works even better this time around!

Kabhie naee:The album kicks off with this rather cliched number.Probably adnan has resumed from where he left in ''lift karade''.A stereotype shenanigan,this one.Amitabh Bhachan's appearance in the video is probably what makes the song a hot favourite on all music channels(Oh.!not those red shirts again puhleez!!!)Very very average!

Dil kah raha hai dil se:What can I say about this song!man..its awesome!Adnan's voice oozes so much pain..so much emotion.I could'nt help shedding a tear or two when I heard this song the first time.It's just that good!The perfect pick if u wanna serenade ur girl back to ur life!!

Roothe hue ho kyon:Another mind-blowing track which is already doing great in the charts.There's something enthralling about this song..it grows on u each time u listen to it.Adnan sure gets better with every track!

Nain se naino ko mila:Surprise package!!I least expected to hear something as unusual as this!A brilliant fusion of synth rock, ballad and hindustani music..and adnan is at his vocal best.I simply love this song.I could stay up all night just listening to adnan croon ''nain se''.The Ustad Nusrat ali khan feel is inevitable (Lotz of people must be quite sceptical about this comparison I guess!anyways that's not my problem..just listen to the song and u'll get it!!)

Teri bahon mein:Another soulful melody,this one.So artfully and perfectly rendered by the talented crooner.It gives u a sense of deja-vu though..thats because by the time u reach this track u would have obviously had an overdose of mushy romantic numbers!But anyways it manages to charm u and strike a chord somewhere.One of my favourites too....

Saanson mein:Surprise no.2!!''Diversity'' is one word i'd associate with this album.From the catchy but insipid ''kabhie naee''the mood transcends to the lighter romantic melodies ''dil kah raha hai'' the experimental ''nain se'' and finally takes u to the groovy fast paced sizzling track ''saanson mein''.Its been splendidly recorded and I bet its gonna be a rage at parties and get togethers sometime!So do check out this song when u feel drained out anytime..it'll sure get ya into the groove!!

Chain mujhe abh aaye na:Yet another soulful romantic number.Oh!not again..i can hear u say!!but then thats what ''tera chehra'' is all about..passion, melody and at the end of the day what u get is some really good and wholesome music.So there's no room for complaint whatsoever.So just sit back, close ur eyes and listen to adnan's vocal chords do the trick..and im sure its gonna leave u amazed!This is another beautiful song...

Tera chehra:The title track leaves u spellbound..the sheer quality of its music does something to u!adnan has come up trumps once again..all credit to him!This is my second favourite in the album(next to ''nain se''!)A rather haunting number,this.Simply fabulous!And rani mukherjee appears in this video..which is reason enough to like it!!need I say anymore???!!!!!

And thats my perspective of the entire album.It's unique, passionate and a complete music album in more ways than one.

And if the charts and ratings are any indication then adnan sami's definitely arrived...and is here to stay..atleast for some more time!!On the whole i'd rate the album 9/10(1 mark taken off for that BIG gaffe that is ''kabhie naee''!!)A great buy for sure!

P.S:This is the first time i've tried my hand at writing a review(my first ever for mouthshut)So if my review is all nonsense ''please forgive me''!!!!And I desperately hope u dont say ''kabhie naee'' to this one!!

Anyways Thank u folks!Awaiting ur comments

Tera Chehra - Adnan Sami Khan