Originality:

Review
Feb 22, 2003 11:03 AM 26539 Views
(Updated Feb 22, 2003 11:05 AM)

Originality:

As I am writing on Adnan Sami's latest album Tera Chehra, I would definitely like to make a mention of the type of genius he is. Adnan has made his name worldwide not only as a musician but as a versatile singer. He is heavenly blessed with great music sense and magical hands, which can play keyboard so fast that even if he tries to calculate the number of keys he presses at one time, even he would not be able to do so. This is sheer talent gifted to him by God and I certainly appreciate him as a performer.

Regarding the latest album, Tera Chehra, well... I think the songs have been very well written by Sameer and sung by Adnan. I have heard all the songs of the album and found them quite good but what stops me from saying excellent is the similarity in tune for all the songs of the album. You feel if you have heard one, you have heard them all. They sound so similar! But then after all he has put in a lot of efforts, especially with the musical instruments playing. The use of keyboard and Santoor has been very good and it is indeed a good exercise for the instrument lovers.

I am sure the tunes he is playing are touchy and the depth in his voice emphatically compliments the lyrics.

Overall, a good buy.One can keep the album for its lyrics and good quality music.

Tera Chehra - Adnan Sami Khan