15 Tips

Toronto Canada
Top ten of N-S best original songs
Jan 28, 2010 09:56 AM 5402 Views

I am considerably one of the biggest Nadeem Shravan fans out there. I am also their biggest critic. They make such amazing melody, however they are not very versatile with a few minor exceptions like Pardes. In fact that's probably why they are so popular with romantics, they only make romantic music! With only a few songs like Sha La La Baby or Daaya Daaya Re that are of the "different" type. My only problem with Nadeem Shravan, which is their biggest flaw is that they copy needlessly from Arabic and Pakistani songs, blatantly, for no reason! Their organility is impecable, it makes me extremely said that not only some "so-called fans" deny that they copy making it seem that it is okay. It isn't okay, thought some of their inspirations have been amazing, but I'm referring to blatant copies with little to no difference.

My blog where I have listed all of Nadeem Shravan lifts I've found so far, as well as all the songs Anu Malik(another music director I'm a die-hard fan that is guilty of copying as well)

feel free to read: desimusicfanatic.wordpress.com/2009/12/18/lifted-songs-by-nadeem-shravan/

I will only be listing the best ORIGINAL songs by Nadeem Shravan. Some of the people who reviewed this, included blatant copies that cannot be called N-S best work. YOU ARE INSULTING N-S by doing this! Also some people listed songs that aren't even composed by N-S, hello! are you guys even fans, that you cannot tell the difference between a N-S melody and someone else?

I won't be including the obvious song choices from Aashiqui, Saajan, Raja Hindustani, Pardes, Sadak or Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin because they already have classic status and every song is pure gold. I'm simply picking the songs I feel are either ignored or exerted the creative forces that deserve a mention as a single. They have made many original good songs.

1. Aankhiyan Milaoon from Raja(1995) - Sung by Alka and Udit

Anyone who hears this song has to like it. The music turned a new leaf for N-S back in 1995 in terms of dance songs. The echo in the voices, that amazing beat that is not only original, but extremely innovative for that time. Another thing I would like to mention is that Raja(1995) is the first time N-S did not use Kumar Sanu for any of the songs and was mainly Alka and Udit songs. They did something out of the ordinary and this is in my top five of 1995.

1. Mausam Hai Mastana - Waqt Hamara Hai 1993 - Sung by Alka and Udit

Not many people appreciate this song or heard it even. The antras of this song are just flawless and catchy. The music is the simple formula type they composed during that time, but the tune is the best part of the song and how it blends. It stays in my head for days and days. The song still has a fresh feel to it.

8.  Dil Tera Aashiq - DTA - Sung by Alka and Kumar Sanu

Though in some ways the tune used is similar to the song Sapne Saajan Ke title song, but they did something different as well. This song is amongst my childhood favorites but also I feel is vastly ignored. It is a very very lively song and I could listen to it, and have, listened to it for days and never got bored. The impeccable singing pair of Alka and Kumar, and the shenaii music is just the cherry on the top.

1. Waqt Kate Nahin Kat Tha - Junoon 1992 - Anuradha & Vipin

Special mention to thet song Milte Mile Haseen Wadiyon Mein

This song, basically based my username off of, showcases what I feel their talent is. Making simple songs that are brilliant. People like ARR whom I feel is overrated, puts all these layers of music to his songs that may or may not compliment the melody. But it usually doesn't. The backbeat is extremely catchy and creative, and god, this lyrics are just great work by Sameer. I love the use of Vipin and Anuradha and this is one of my all time favorite sad songs. I feel like I'm part of the song. Vastly underrated, Nadeem - Shravan always saved their best work for Bhatt films. This whole album is fanastic but this song is my most favorite.

1. Mohabbat Ne Mohabbat Ko - Ek Rishta - Alka and Udit

This song is like a breeze, a cold breez on a warm day. It is so fresh and I feel like I'm in a field and just spinning. This album had a ton of great songs, Ek Dil Hai  was the popular one but this song is my pick because I think 100 years from now, it will still sound new and sweet.

1. Saajan Ghar Aana  from Jeet(1996) - Alka and Udit

I realized most of my choices are Alka and Udit songs ahah. Anyways, Jeet is one of my all-time favorite albums, extremely amazing songs, but this is my pick because it wasn't pictured and no one seems to know about it! It is one of the few Wedding songs they have composed and god, the music is great, the tune is great and goes through many changes. The way Udit comes in is great. Extremely creative song and just wow. So sad it wasn't used in the movie, or that no one ever really listened to it.

1. Hasratein Hai Bahut Magar - Aatish(1994) - Kumar Sanu and Sadhana Sargam

This song, I cannot believe it was not featured in the film, or in a single other review here. The music is the most melodious and innovative I have heard from N-S. The tune, and the lyrics are just gorgeous and I think this song speaks for itself. Aatish is off record, my #1 album of N-S, they were so creative and versatile and every song is a damn gem.

1. Dil Ko Zara Sa - Ekka Raja Rani - Alka and Kumar Sanu

What do I say about this song? The tune is rehashed from N-S song from Saathi Mohabbat Ko Duniya but they did it right. They made the best song about  moving on I have ever heard. The music is romantic to the core. the Singing is amazing of course, and this is another song that was NOT IN THE MOVIE. What is with these brilliant songs, not picturized. I feel that picturization wouldn't do justice to the brilliance of these songs.

1. Zindagi Ko Bina Pyar - Haan Maine Bhi Pyar Kiya - Both K-S and Sarika/Alka solo

THIS SONG, IS JUST SO AMAZING. THE MUSIC, BOTH VERSIONS IS PERFECT. THE SINGING IS PERFECT. THE TUNE IS PERFECT. I hope to god I never find out anything is lifted, because this is in my top 5 songs of the decade of 2000s, and the HMBPK is in my top 5 albums of the decade.

1. I'm breaking one of my rules, and sorry to say my #1 IS AN OBVIOUS CHOICE.

Aaye Ho Meri Zindagi Men - Raja Hindustani

This song, is perfect. Both versions. Perfection, perfection and exceeding perfection. It still sounds new, the voices in