Picture & Sound Quality:

Hyderabad India
Tata Sky Vow !!!
Sep 27, 2006 12:56 PM 8836 Views
(Updated Sep 27, 2006 01:01 PM)

Picture & Sound Quality:

I had a feud with my local cable tv operator who was asking my 500 bucks for installtion which involved not pulling a single wire and picture quality was pathetic and that comes for 180 per month. So I showed him the finger and told him I'm going for Dish.

And I got my Tata Sky last week. Thanks to reviews on mouthshut, I was about to go for Zee Dish TV due to their huge channel line up. I came to know how pathetic Zee's customer service is. So I thought of relying on brand name of Tata, since they mean serious business.

Within half an hour of buying the set top box at a local TV Showroom. I got a call from Tata Sky customer service asking me to prepone (can you imagine) the installation and boy they were right exactly on time the next day. The staff is exteremely well trained and well mannered. Within 24 hrs of I buying the set top box, my connection was up and running with full throttle.

The picture quality is a real DVD one and sound quality is supreme. Set top box /remote and it's interface is just great. Initially I was annoyed at the same boring channel line up. But came yesterday and Surprize !! Tata Sky now has the whole Zee package. Now it's channel line up is totally on par with Zee's Dish TV.

So now it's a complete bye bye to Zee and it's pathetic customer service.

The initial cost of set up is Rs 4000 which includes buying the set top box. A Rs 500/- recharge card is enough for you for 3 months. Barring the pain of initial set top box of 4000, Tata Sky is the winner all the way. The only problem I found was that the picture is lost even if it rains moderately. I need to get in touch with TS people for this.

Yesterday I read about a survey about DTH subsriber base in India and surprizingly I came to know that 88% of the subscribers of DTH are people from rural area. Now probably that explains Zee's poor customer service which is not required in rural areas.

Tata Sky has serious plans about urban market that's why it is coming with stupendous customer service and great quality in its video/audio broadcast.

So if you are urban customer just go for Tata Sky as now it has everything.

Tata Sky