Leg Room:

Rs. 4,26,000 (Ex-Showroom)

Tata Motors

Tata Indigo - Sedan Truck
Feb 09, 2009 01:49 PM 11477 Views
(Updated May 31, 2009 09:42 PM)

Leg Room:

Dealer Satisfaction:

I bought a Indigo diesel LS on Aug 2006 at Madurai. Earlier I was driving Maruti 800 for more than 15 years. Once I planned to upgrade into Sedan , I looked for various cars. Unfortunately the two best cars – esteem and ford icon was fading in market in terms of old models. So I suggested going for Indigo.

The car is good on highways only. It is very difficult to drive in the city traffic, very sluggish pick up and even at times it makes me painful to drive. Incase if I don’t use it for couple of days and then if I try to take it , that’s all – believe me , the driving becomes almost gymnastic experience.

Other ways the a/c , roomy interior. The suspensions are not bad but , very stiff leaving the smooth action behind. On Consumption : It gives me around 12- 14 km/ltr and 18 – 20km/ltr with a/c on.

I have changed the head light bulbs into 130/90 Philips for better vision in highways. Though the dealer recommended to go for 27psi for tyre pressure I am going for 30psi on all tyres. If anybody knows on this let me know. So think twice before you go for Indigo diesel car. may be you can wait for new Indigo with Fiat engine.. expected soon

I am planning to buy a good peppy , ’fun to drive’ sedan. My budget is around 6 – 7 lacs. Please suggest me which car I should go for (pls mention diesel/petrol)??? Especially the cars with bonnet visible for better driving.

I HEARD THAT TATA MOTORS IS GOING TO LAUNCH TATA INDIGO VISTA WITH FIAT ENGINE. CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ME, WHETHER I CAN REPLACE MY PRESENT CAR’S (INDIGO TDI) WITH NEW FIAT ENGINE?. IF SO, WHAT WILL BE THE COST ROUGHLY?.

Tata Indigo - Diesel