Internet Speed:

Bad Experience with Tata indicom WiMax - Hyderabad
Oct 30, 2009 03:52 PM 3064 Views

Internet Speed:

Connection Reliability:

I am having a WiMax connection from TataIndicom from last 2 months, paid advance for 4 months and was informed that tata indicom is not charging any installation charges for corporate connections. I have applied for 750 kbps connection and never got satisfactory speeds (most of the time it was < 100 kbps) and after raising numerous requests to customer care nobody was turning up to solve it.

After one month of struggle technician blessed me with his visit and came to know that problem was with the installation and the Antenna is not receiving the connection properly at second floor in my balcony. so the guy took it to the terrace. It was a small antenna and technician didn't fixed the screws to any of the wall but tied it to a pole. After a week it was stolen when I was not at home in Diwali vacations.

And when I have asked for a replacement then I was shocked by the reply that I need to pay 7000 bucks from my pocket for the antenna, moreover Customer Care guy was threating me for taking a legal action against me.This is ridiculous, it was never mentioned that I have to pay for a inventory that is installed for Service Provider's convenience as with WiMax connections they do not need to lay wires and provide DLC hubs in localities. I didn't ask for a WiMax but it is companies policy that they install only wiMax from now onwards but won't pay for the inventory that they are going to use. I am really pissed over by the pathetic service and the damn policies of Tata Indicom.

1. I was not informed that I have to stand on my terrace 24 hours to keep an eye on it.

2. wiMax was not my preference, I have asked for a broadband service but as Tataindicom only provide wiMax these days so the installation was done. So it was not my decision to go with wimax it was tata indicom's decision.

3. earlier the antenna was installed in my balcony but due to poor reception somehow I managed to install it on terrace. So again to install it on terrace was not my decision and it was a compulsion as antennas are so poor in receiving reception.

4. Inventory cost has to borne by service provider and why should the end user have to pay this amount. Lets say if instead of wiMax it was a wire line connection and a DLC box would have been installed in my apartment and if that gets stolen then it is not the end user who has to pay for it.

5. Moreover it was due to the careless installation of the antenna that it easily got stolen.And after paying 6840 bucks in advance I am sitting here without internet from past 3 weeks.

-Lovekeshwar