Internet Speed:

Tata Indicom Plug to Surf
Nov 25, 2008 09:39 PM 3853 Views

Internet Speed:

Connection Reliability:

Well I purchased this tata indicom plug 2 surf because it had the roaming facility and the post paid bill payment could be done from my native place..

First and foremost the indicom people didn't explain the plan properly as a result of which I got huge bills.i had taken the 365 Rs plan(not an unlimited plan).They mentioned that I would have 30 hours of free internet.But hardly did I get 365Rs as my bill.A bit of downloading and your bill crosses 1000Rs/-. They have a fixed credit limit.In my case it was 1500. If you are in the middle of something ..suppose an important work and if your credit limit crosses 1500 Rs they will surely cut your connection.And wouldn't continue it till you pay the bill..that too the full amount.

From 12am to 8am the billing ws 15Rs/hour..downloading charges extra (u never know the limit)

From 8am-12am in the day and evening..the rate was quite high -30Rs/hour...then at this point of time if u download something imp just imagine how much u have to pay. I got a speed of 230.4 kbps maximum(that too if you are close to a network) and minimum 115.4 kbps. In case you find a single tower and if u can make a connection...then your pages won't open..

You still can roam here and there with your laptop to find a network but if u have a fixed place for desktop then just forget it. The billing system is awful..

They give a metered billing..God knows how they calculate it..u never know the amount of data u send and receive. Yeah one thing..if u have loads of money , if u are ready to spend and if you have a proper network u may go for it. But the worst part is their heavy billing..worst kind of customer care services where no one has a proper knowledge about the billing system..

Well I have been using it for 1.5 years.and now due to the monthly billing I m sick of it..

I don't recommend it for my enemies even!!!!

Tata Indicom - Surf 3000