Road Grip:

Rs. 90,135 (Ex-Showroom)

TVS

New Delhi India
Perfect Handling. Really Racing Bike
Apr 21, 2018 04:23 AM 8410 Views (via Android App)

Road Grip:

I have purchased TVS Apache RTR 160 ( 2017 model) three months ago. Comparison to my previous bike Yamaha FZS ( 2010 model) , hadling of apache rtr 160 is better than Yamaha FZS specially if you are running your bike more than 80 kmpr. I have felt more comfort during turning, and riding with speed more than 100 kmpr in apache rtr 160. But after purchasing apache I was suffering from some alter problem in my bike. Friction sound was occuring ( like whistle sound ) from speedometer sensor during bike riding. I have complained 4 times regarding this. Last time service center replaced bearing of front wheel and speedometer sensor. But after 20 days when greasing dried, same friction and irritating sound problem happened again. Finally I had to complained TVS head quarter. After 3 days of complaing in head quarter, a guy from service center called me and asked to visit service center. When I came service center two tecnical expert from head quater had came to visit my issue in bike. They checked and asked me speedometer sensor was touching to wheel rim and our techinal expert has fixed this issue. My bike is running well till now. That only bad experience with TVS, I have rated 3 star. Overall bike is good. Their look is good from front side and back side it looks some basic , their silencer also looks basic. But if we talk about pick up, balancing, handling, cornering, etc. All are very good. Another cons I observed in TVS apache RTR 160 is jumping problem problem over roads breaker, ravine or bad roads. Due to dual rear shocker / suspension of apache rtr 160, bikes does not move smoothly over roads breaker, ravine or bad roads in comparison to those bikes which have mono rear shocker / suspension. If you move apache rtr 160 in some speed over roads breaker, ravine or bad roads, pillion rider can feel uncomfort. In my experience, I have to slow down my apache rtr 160 at 2 kmpr over breaker, ravine or bad roads because I have gotten some unbalaced some times during bike riding over roads breaker, ravine or bad roads. My best experience with TVS apache rtr 160 is balancing and handling. Also, apache rtr 160 seat has enogh space for two or three persons. Tripling is against Indian traffic rules but for instance, if you ride with tripling, you can not get uncomfort and main rider would not face any problem reagrding balancing and handling too.

TVS Apache RTR 160