Road Grip:

Rs. 80,484 (Ex-Showroom)

TVS

Shastri Nagar,Siliguri India
Chain,body and engine oil issue
Jun 18, 2019 12:45 PM 7577 Views (via Android App)
(Updated Jun 18, 2019 12:46 PM)

Road Grip:

I bought TVS Apache RTR 160 4v dual disc version last year.I often go in bike rides for my youtube blogs and want to share my experience with this bike but before that I want to say that I ride my bike normally and do not perform any stunts on my bike.

This bike has a power packed engine, which means more pressure on chains and bike's body.The company's stock chain and spare chain are both of inferior quality.A chain must last for atleast 20000 kms but in my bike I have to change it after every 12000 kms, my other friend who have this bike too suffer from this problem.Moreover , when I used other company chain like 'rollen',it worked good which lasted for atleast 16000 kms.So, I can say that there is a huge defect in the company's genuine chain of tvs apache rtr 160 4v or simply its just a business to earn money.Other issue with this bike is its body desig, though attractive but is not closely packed.As a result head lights, indicators, back foot rest grill, mod guards, guard below seat becomes loose every time due to vibrations.The most annoying issue of this bike is with the sprocket and gear oil seals.After every 7000 kms I have to replace them and guess what, they are even not easily available.I was lucky for two times but this time my engine is bleeding due to which engine oil leaks frequently and have to replace engine oil after every 1500 kms.Mileage of this bike is good.Riding on it is not very comfortable for long rides.Its tyres were too hard which always got me skidded so I had to replace it with soft compound tyres like michellin for better road grip.I found this bike less reliable and think that I should have bought other as I had options.The chain, body and engine issue is very annoying and I will not keep the next versions of this bike in my option for my next bike.

TVS Apache RTR 160 4V