Features & Functionality:

Ease of use:

Help & Support:

New Delhi India
Not so good
Jan 02, 2017 12:19 PM 1594 Views (via Android App)

Features & Functionality:

Ease of use:

Help & Support:

Tp-link is believed to be the best router manufacturer in the budget range and the tp-link TL-WR720N is one of their affordable routers that costs from 700-800. I got it from my Internet service provider( isp) so I dont remember how much I paid for it but I do know that they provide me internet throught an optical fibre cable and Optical fibre is the known to be the best mode of data transmission beacause there is no data loss. I am having a 2mbps plan and with this router im able to achieve speeds upto 2.2 mbps. Thats what my google chrome shows me in my computer sometimes. However, the average speed stays around 200-230 kbps mostly, which I think is just fine for general use but not suitable for HD video streaming and video calling. Actually the speed keeps varying. It could be anywhere from 100 to 2200 kbps. I personally think that 5 mbps would be sufficient for all kinds of use. Though speed is not a problem to me. The problem is something else. Recently, I have been facing random singnal drops and speed drops. I dont exactly know if that is a routers fault or the ISp but for some reason, I think the router is the problem. This is because what I have is a low end product and its range is low too. I guess it is 10 metres and if there are some obstacles like walls lying in the path it could be lesser. So, the conclusion is that it failed to meet my needs and I will recommend it to only those people who have a small house ( 70 sq yard) or who want a basic internet connectivity for home use. But I think by spending a little more, you can get great results.The tp link wr-841N is what I recommend if your budget is 1000 rupees.

TP-Link TL-WR720N