Check-in Counter:

Seating Space:

Punctuality:

My experiences with Swissair
Mar 17, 2005 03:30 AM 9186 Views
(Updated Mar 17, 2005 03:30 AM)

Check-in Counter:

Staff:

Seating Space:

Punctuality:

I used to live in Switzerland for a few years and have travelled on Swissair flights frequently. My experience with them is that they were a much better airline before they had financial trouble. The first time I travelled was in 1997 from Mumbai to Zurich. The flight was very pleasant, the airhostess helpful though a little standoffish (which is normal behaviour if you know Swiss-Germans) and Zurich airport was one of the cleanest airports I had been to.

However , recently, their quality of service has been going down. They messed up food preferences completely and when I complained to them about it, they said I would have to discuss it with my travel agent ! Finally, I ended up with some crusty bread and some butter and extra servings of dessert. This happened on a flight from Zurich to JFK and was a code share with American Airlines.

My last two trips with them in 2002 changed my opinion though about them. I was fortunate to get a free upgrade to Business class (they sometimes do it if you are a full fare paying customer and cattle class is bursting at its seams). Boy oh boy! Business class on Swiss is the best thing you can hope for. Short of the stewardess massaging me, she made sure I was very comfortable. The food was excellent, the seats spacious and the inflight entertainment, superb!

So, if you can afford it, upgrade to business class and travel in comfort. If not, AVOID the airlines completely.

SwissAir