Check-in Counter:

Staff:

Seating Space:

Punctuality:

Clifton United States of America
SwissAir.. no class about it
Oct 31, 2005 04:32 PM 11407 Views
(Updated Oct 31, 2005 04:32 PM)

Check-in Counter:

Staff:

Seating Space:

Punctuality:

In Plain terms, if u plan to fly Swiss… No Class about it.

I have travelled in almost every Airline carriers in India and few across the globe, but my recent flight from Mumbai to Zurich and Zurich to Amsterdam failed to create an Impression.. what one says.. Swiss Experience…

Apart from the Swiss chocos served during the flight.. I found the flight just about average. The flight left from Mumbai on Schedule 1.15 Am in the morning. The take off was smooth. The average age of flight attendants on board was about 35-40 which was another pooh pooh for a young Indian like me. Well they were sort of friendly and smiling but failed to impress. The space inside the Economy Cabin is maaaaaaan … so less , you barely feel that u r sitting Inside a Boeing. The sitting arrangements are 2-4-2 type. I was sitting in one edge of the 4 seater and next to me was a young Swiss blonde.. well that was the only good thing which happened during the flight. The flight entertainment system is just average with a few English, Hindi songs, A couple of Dos based games and a few movie flicks… I believe our very own Kingfisher has a better flight entertainment system. I just heard a few songs and watched my Favourite pastime.. CNN and went for a long nap. The leg space is barely enough and a tall traveller will surely find it pissing. Well as the night came over us heavily, I found the swiss blonde sleeping on my arms, almost senseless. I thought of awaking her, but finally stopped… hey lets make this a Swiss experience ..hehe

To add a few more points, the food is just average with some good croissants, sandwiches and cokes… the booze on board was just average I thought so thought of not getting drunk ….

I saw the Business class on Board and somehow didn’t got the class feel there too….

When I decided to go abroad for an assignment in Netherlands, I was given a chance of three flights..

1. Bangalore-Mumbai-Zurich(Swiss)-Amsterdam .. which I took(Only coz Zurich was involved)

2. Bangalore- Chennai-Frankfurt(Germany)-Amsterdam.. thru Lufthansa Airline… I wish I could have boarded that.. alas

3. Bangalore- Mumbai-Vienna(Austria)-Amsterdam- thru Austrian airlines…

Well I am still regretting my choice of Swiss…

To add to this, dear MS readers, avoid Swiss… its just average… and ya if you get a chance do fly Lufthansa … its real class…..

Adieu..

I would appreciate ur comments on this… and your experiences of Swiss if any…

SwissAir