Check-in Counter:

Staff:

Seating Space:

Punctuality:

copenhagen Denmark
Rude+inconsistent phone information (copenhagen)
Jul 07, 2008 08:50 PM 9069 Views

Check-in Counter:

Staff:

Seating Space:

Punctuality:

(While trying to book paris-athens and athens-copenhagen on Swiss that transits in Zurich)

It has proven impossible trying to get an answer out of Swiss-Air regarding zurich transit visa requirements while travelling between Schengen countries. A friend wanted to book on SwissAir but had a chinese passport with a single entry to schengen countries. She was concerned because she had been denied boarding before with Swiss on similar but not identical cicumstances.

Calling the Swiss HQ office in Switzerland resulted in a "sure, no problem, you don't need a transit visa". When pressed, she said we should call the relevant airport office to be sure. Calling Paris resulted in a "yes you need a transit visa". When pressed, the attendant admitted she didn't know for sure and her manager was away so she couldn't confirm. But she took a phone number, and said they would call back - that hasn't happened yet.

The next day, tried calling copenhagen office. That was just a bad mistake. "How should I know ? Call the embassy". But "shouldn't the airline know since it's carrying passengers through Zurich" resulted in a flat "No, I don't know".

Is it just me expecting too much ? My friend and I just wanted to know if the airline would deny boarding before booking. Well, the result is of course not booking on Swiss. Who wants a ruined holiday ?

SwissAir