Arrogant deliver guy and customer support namesake
Aug 07, 2018 02:04 PM 2599 Views

I have ordered ice cream from Cream stone through Swiggy yesterday and after 20min or so received a call from the delivery person that he is unable to locate my address and the GPS is pointing out to a different location.

I was ready to help him with the address in case the GPS is not tracking the location correctly, but then that guy was very in different to follow my instructions and bluntly said that he can only deliver at the place where the GPS points to.

While I was explaining the address, he was so arrogant and hung up the phone abruptly saying that the order will be cancelled.

I was clueless why the order is going to be cancelled, if I am ready to help him out with the address which is quite close to the place where he was waiting.

After 5 -10 min, I got a call from support team saying that they are going to resolve the issue. I was not sure whether they have cancelled the order or planning to deliver. After waiting for sometime without any intimation I tracked the status in the app and saw the delivery guy near the parlor.

Again they called me after sometime requesting for details on the issues and before I clarified they disconnected the phone.

I find these guys do not care for the customers and act according to their whims and fancies. What pissed off me the most is a message saying the order was cancelled since I was not responding.

Blaming the customer for no reason and indifferent attitude of the customer support and delivery guys.

I presume GPS is only an enabling tool for tracking locations of the client and not the only source to rely on when the customers are reachable and ready to help. It did not make any sense when the delivery guy said that he can deliver the food only where the GPS directs, I think people are more dependable and we make the best judgement.

Moreover their apps are not so upgraded to update the address details manually in case the GPS has some hiccups.

This way I do not prefer to reorder from Swiggy, they are many other delivery apps which provide far good and timely service.

Thanks,